Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore & Punk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #8681
drawnacrol
7slinger

I can understand removing most Scurrilous and Volition tabs since they were copied straight from the book but they even removed the Fortress tabs? The tab book for that is a joke. There is a mistake every few bars.
drawnacrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #8682
bloodandempire

That's lame, I really wanted to learn palms read and all the guitar pro files have been removed

I do covers. I'm not great. I'm not bad. https://www.youtube.com/user/forbloodandempiire
bloodandempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:51 PM   #8683
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol
I can understand removing most Scurrilous and Volition tabs since they were copied straight from the book but they even removed the Fortress tabs? The tab book for that is a joke. There is a mistake every few bars.

The Kezia and Fortress books were both jokes. There were a few places where I'd spot things that were more correct in the books than the tabs here, but for the most part learning songs from those albums required 80% from the tabs here, 10% from the tabs in the books, and 10% from my ears.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:42 AM   #8684
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

PTH just released a digital Volition drum book, with bass coming soon. I think it'd be great and awesome of somebody who bought it... you know... sent it my way... since I tabbed out the entire 4 guitar books for you guys (minus a few Scurrilous songs that were already done and submitted to the site).

Covers:
Old 04-18-2015, 07:51 AM   #8685
drawnacrol
7slinger

I hope we get the instrumental version of Volition soon.
drawnacrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:04 AM   #8686
lifeofaninjax

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMessiah
Eh... they r ok. Nothing to celebrate, though.

lifeofaninjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:39 AM   #8687
Dregen
-

kezia & fortress tho

actually haven't listened to these guys for awhile, putting that on my to-do list

other garbage: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

-

"there was a grey spider on the windowsill just now,
so i whispered that little prayer you taught me to Sun Buddha,
before i smashed it dead"

Last edited by Dregen : 05-21-2015 at 03:40 AM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:41 AM   #8688
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

So... did anybody get the Volition bass or drum book?

Covers:
Old 07-28-2015, 04:20 AM   #8689
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Guys, I just want to let you know that this was UG's fault, and not PTH. From Tim's ask.fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim MacMillar
So here's the story and I've seen it's caused quite a fuss. I contacted Ultimate Guitar to let them know about Sheet Happens and that we own the sheet publishing rights to all the PTH material. I told them I like and have used their site and would like to find out a way we can work together even offered our official tabs. I did not ask to have the tabs removed. I got a response from their lawyer who was under the impression this was covered in our Sony/ATV publishing deal which it wasn't. What many people don't know is UG has liscenses with according to this lawyer "thousands of publishers" who own the rights to the sheet music that is available on the site. Many bands sign this away without thinking or knowing about it I'm sure. After I let him know that Sony didn't have print rights to our catalogue, all the songs disappeared from the site. I followed up and told him this wasn't the intent of me contacting them and I would really love to continue to have our music available on the site. To this I got a response that kind of looked like a stock reply saying the tabs were taken down and this should resolve the issue. I don't want to draw out this answer but wanted to clarify that this was never the intention and I'm working to sort it out. If you truly care, you can contact UG and let them know we want our tabs on their site and link them to this. Usually a high demand of angry riffers will do more than me sending emails into a black hole. In the mean time, Sheet Happens has been trying to release more GP files and hope to have all the PTH tabs available on our site very soon.

tl;dr Tim simply tried to make UG aware that they didn't actually have the rights to share these tabs BUT wanted to see what they could do to make things legit. UG responding by removing the tabs and obviously not even bothering to read his messages properly.

Anyway, I bought the Volition bass and drum books, but I decided before I started tabbing them out I want to double check all my work copying previous books. Anyway, I spent all night making corrections to the Kezia tabs I copied and posted here a few years ago and was reminded just how bad these first two books were.... so, did anybody happen to save the good tabs before they were removed?

Covers:

Rate This Thread: