Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM   #40301
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Love for Wiggins is gonna go down as one of the worst trades in recent memory

imagine wiggins with this team, it'd be just so stupid. but king lebron had to have his way and didn't want to teach wiggins then watch him dip to toronto the second he can. so instead he demanded love and is gonna watch love dip to lakers the second he can
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM   #40302
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

if they win the finals I don't think too many Cav fans will care about it being the worst trade of all time
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM   #40303
bdof

If they still had Wiggins, they wouldn't have elected to get 2 additional wings in Shumpert and Smith, as well as Mosgov in a trade back in January. Wings that can play D, hit the 3, and create their own shot. And without those two, there's a fairly good chance that Cleveland wouldn't be in the 2015 Finals right now.

The point is moot. Bring it up again in 3-4 years, once Wiggins is close to being consistent.

Cleveland might run into other problems this offseason as far a salary cap goes. I mean, I know LeBron wants the joy of being the highest paid NBA player, something he's never been believe it or not, but guys like Thompson are gonna need a new big salary. Irving's gonna be asking for near max money. JR is over 6 million as an option. Etc.

Yeah, they're waving Haywood and possibly Love (can they if Love decides he wants to stay?), but they have a lot of pieces that require a LOT of money the next few years.

That Love thing confuses me. If Love is perceived as damaged goods going into the offseason with this injury, and no one's looking to get him for the previous amount that he was expected to go at, can he just waive that option and stay to collect his paycheck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate

Last edited by bdof : Yesterday at 07:20 AM.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #40304
Baby Joel
help me i'm scared

Halford gets ejected for falling on dellavedova, Dwight doesn't get suspended for hitting Bogut in the face.

ok.

also, die and dye

lostboys http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/lostboys/

th official homophone thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675125

the serious thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675340
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM   #40305
bdof

I think they took into account that just before that happened that Bogut was REALLY instigating it by grabbing Howard and leaning on him. If Howard had just done that with no prior contact from Bogut, he gets tossed OR he gets suspended for Game 5.

Horford shouldn't have been booted, but he definitely did not just fall onto Dellevadova. In fact, it was Horford that initiated the contact by hooking him and dragging him backwards. Was nothing malicious about the hook and the drag, but Dellevadova happens to be like 50 pounds lighter, 6 inches shorter, and drug over Carrol's frame as he was lying on the ground.

I still don't know why Dellevadova got a tech, lol. Unless something like smack talk happened long after the whistle was blown.

Quote:

Last edited by bdof : Yesterday at 09:18 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #40306
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
If they still had Wiggins, they wouldn't have elected to get 2 additional wings in Shumpert and Smith, as well as Mosgov in a trade back in January. Wings that can play D, hit the 3, and create their own shot. And without those two, there's a fairly good chance that Cleveland wouldn't be in the 2015 Finals right now.

The point is moot. Bring it up again in 3-4 years, once Wiggins is close to being consistent.

Cleveland might run into other problems this offseason as far a salary cap goes. I mean, I know LeBron wants the joy of being the highest paid NBA player, something he's never been believe it or not, but guys like Thompson are gonna need a new big salary. Irving's gonna be asking for near max money. JR is over 6 million as an option. Etc.

Yeah, they're waving Haywood and possibly Love (can they if Love decides he wants to stay?), but they have a lot of pieces that require a LOT of money the next few years.

That Love thing confuses me. If Love is perceived as damaged goods going into the offseason with this injury, and no one's looking to get him for the previous amount that he was expected to go at, can he just waive that option and stay to collect his paycheck?

I disagree. The Cavs would have the same problems needing to be addressed with Wiggins instead of Love. I think they still would have traded for Smith and Mozgov, but not Shumpert since Wig would probably be playing the same role Shumpert does until he was ready for full time SF duty. Basically they'd have Wiggins playing the 3 and Lebron in the 4 on paper instead of Lebron playing 3 and Love playing 4. In fact i'd argue they'd be even better, lol. Having the stretch 4 in Love didn't really do much at all for their floor plan, they never really took advantage of the floor space because they couldn't figure out how the fk to work together for so long.

Also i doubt the Cavs are gonna have any problems at all paying their guys. They can definitely afford the luxury tax, can they not? Irving at 14-15m per isn't bad. Lebron's marginal raise is nothing. Thompson should get somewhere from 7.5-9. JR's option is a good deal for what he's brought. As long as they aren't handing out BAD contracts they'll be fine. Especially if they just ditch Love and bring in a couple cheaper, quality bench options and cut pointless buzzsaw mosquitoes like Dellavedova.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #40307
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
Halford gets ejected for falling on dellavedova, Dwight doesn't get suspended for hitting Bogut in the face.

ok.

Yeah, the consistency of calls is a huge problem. If they want to let teams play rough, great. If they want to enforce the rules tightly, that's fine too. But it needs to be one or the other, across the board for all games and all refs.

Horford's elbow was ejection-worthy, imo, but nowhere near as bad as Dwight's. To be honest, I think what Dwight did was closer to JR's shot on Crowder, except that Crowder fell and Bogut took it without falling. And people wonder why so much of the league flops.

Last edited by iro-bot31 : Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #40308
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
If LeBron is LeBron, and they continue to show grit on D and grab offensive rebounds while the wing guys continue to make big shots, I like Cleveland 6 or even 5.
GS is still full of young guys (like OKC in 2012), they live by the 3, and still have a rookie coach. They're not invincible

Well, the only person on GS who can consistently shoot a 3 is Curry, but it looks like that's all they need. They aren't gonna die by the 3 if he's making 45% of them...

And Kerr might be a rookie coach, but so's Blatt?

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #40309
bdof

Let's be real, LeBron is the coach

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #40310
Baby Joel
help me i'm scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by iro-bot31
Yeah, the consistency of calls is a huge problem. If they want to let teams play rough, great. If they want to enforce the rules tightly, that's fine too. But it needs to be one or the other, across the board for all games and all refs.

Horford's elbow was ejection-worthy, imo, but nowhere near as bad as Dwight's. To be honest, I think what Dwight did was closer to JR's shot on Crowder, except that Crowder fell and Bogut took it without falling. And people wonder why so much of the league flops.

that's the way I saw it. I've always though that hitting a player above the shoulders is an automatic flagrant, if not ejection. Dwight was pissed cause bogut was hugging, but so do pretty much everyone. Bogut was just obvious with it.

I mean you always do what you can get away with. Sometimes you can avoid the call because you were subtle. I mean the Halford thing was bad, but Karl Malone literally ko'd a few players with his elbows. Broke Steve Nash's nose as well. If I recall, the Steve Nash one was the only time a whistle blew (tbh I'm probably totally wrong but whatever). And I get that it's a different era, but it's just bizarre. Also, the fact that Delly was involved with the Korver ankle sprain (because he bloody well dove into Korver. seriously that was such a crap play and I'd call a whistle on it). Delly did the Halford ejection. And if I remember correctly, Delly also got Carroll? I might be wrong with that one. But that's just weird.

Anyway, the league has long since needed consistency. If I could, I would make the box-score guy be an NBA official (Anthony Davis has like a billion blocks at home and only a few hundred on the road). Players should not be allowed to talk to refs (anyone remember the time the call got changed cause LeBron spoke to the ref?). And games need to be consistent. If you're letting be a physical game, let it be a physical game, for both teams.

oh well. GSW vs Cavs will be fun regardless of what happened

also, die and dye

lostboys http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/lostboys/

th official homophone thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675125

the serious thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675340
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #40311
bdof

Lol Harden. Sets playoff record for most TOs in a single game.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #40312
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

14 points, 13 turnovers. Bahahaha
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #40313
bdof

8 days till game 1 of the Finals. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #40314
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

This Lil B curse stuff is hilarious. First KD, now Harden.
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #40315
bdof

It deserves less than no press. Ugh, you'd think these miniature gremlin looking wannabe tough guy rappers that love to bandwagon hot teams would know better by now after that Lil Wayne & Dallas/Miami nonsense.

**** off and go overdose on codine. ****ing idiots, lol

Quote:
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #40316
TheChaz
UG Newbie

Quote:
It deserves less than no press. Ugh, you'd think these miniature gremlin looking wannabe tough guy rappers that love to bandwagon hot teams would know better by now after that Lil Wayne & Dallas/Miami nonsense.

**** off and go overdose on codine. ****ing idiots, lol

Nah Harden stole Lil B's swag and he had to pay.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:28 AM   #40317
bdof

.........point counterpoint

Quote:

Rate This Thread: