Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 10:21 AM   #33361
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Yeah, being formulaic helps a lot, but in engineering lab reports that's more of a requirement than a luxury.

I'm sure. I'm used to it from psychology, but in education (which claims to be an extension of psychology) presenting a coherent argument seems like a foreign concept. Papers are supposed to say nice things about children, not make legitimate assertions about the subject matter.

^Jenny and 311!
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #33362
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I think that's why I do well, I'm very formulaic. I try to break the criteria down into clear groupings then simply address them sequentially. That and I've been told I'm a good writer, though I suspect it's more that the average person sucks at writing.

Adderal helps. I've been working through a few a buddy gave me and I've written roughly fifteen pages of stuff each day I've taken it.

That's what I've done for every post-secondary class I've ever taken. Get the Rubric, address each point in sequence, turn it in on time, get A, move on.

I have found that the easier I make it for others* (in this case those grading, but it works for life and career as well) the easier they make it for me.

Simple.

* When I feel the need to be a sarcastic, cranky asshole, I just come here...
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #33363
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

I just finished writing my asian history paper. 3 words short of hitting the max word count I have to admit I didn't put a whole lot of effort into this one, hopefully the TA will grade it and just skim over it. It still isn't due till Wednesday next week, the last day of classes, so I'm going to wait to post it (google doc) so she doesn't have time to get a head start on it.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #33364
tubetime86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
That's what I've done for every post-secondary class I've ever taken. Get the Rubric, address each point in sequence, turn it in on time, get A, move on.

I have found that the easier I make it for others* (in this case those grading, but it works for life and career as well) the easier they make it for me.

Simple.

* When I feel the need to be a sarcastic, cranky asshole, I just come here...

Exactly. I'm a cranky asshole in class, but they generally see that as just an overdeveloped critical consciousness. I'm the guy professors want to be mad at, but can't because they know I'm generally making valid points.

School is such a joke. I (and I suspect the majority of us in here) am just one of those people who can write a paper or take a test with zero effort and do well. It's not intelligence per se, it's more just a situational awareness that helps me prioritize and not waste energy on anything that's not worthwhile.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #33365
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
Exactly. I'm a cranky asshole in class, but they generally see that as just an overdeveloped critical consciousness. I'm the guy professors want to be mad at, but can't because they know I'm generally making valid points.

School is such a joke. I (and I suspect the majority of us in here) am just one of those people who can write a paper or take a test with zero effort and do well. It's not intelligence per se, it's more just a situational awareness that helps me prioritize and not waste energy on anything that's not worthwhile.

It depends on the subject really, but for humanities or social science classes I would say this is true for me. I have had such a relaxed semester with the classes I have been taking some electives outside of the engineering field. For the most part as long as I do the class readings and attend lectures, I don't have to really try to get decent grades.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #33366
tubetime86

I guess that's true, it'd probably be different if I was in a more rigorous field.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Rate This Thread: