Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #4641
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

happiness is a warm gun is a certified all-time banger
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #4642
bradulator
through being cool

I like Happiness is a Warm Gun I just wanted to be mean too.

White Album is really lame the more I listen to it.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #4643
Led Zep fan

I like the beatles, They're awesome. what do you guys think about the paul is dead thing?
Led Zep fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #4644
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

Its Totally True Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
I like Happiness is a Warm Gun I just wanted to be mean too.

someday, ill be, living in a big ol' city and all youre ever gonna be is MEAN. why you gotta be so MEAN?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #4645
new yardbird 9

I buried Paul!
new yardbird 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #4646
Bigbazz

Has anybody got the recent Vinyl remasters?

Recently on a drinking night with some friends I decided to get my dads Vinyl Collection out (that was given to me after he passed away) only to find that there was something unexplainably awesome about the texture and quality of Vinyl, something that I really didn't expect.

Sadly he only had "Beatles for Sale", one of the albums I don't really like (I like the later stuff from Rubber Soul onwards really), but quality wise the Vinyl just makes the high quality MP3 I have sound a bit shite.

Anyway, I noticed they released these high quality masters on Stereo Vinyl, but wondering if it will have that same quality. Among his collection are original from the era analogue Vinyl records (such as Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon and Fleetwood Mac - Rumours) which sound absolutely incredible, but from what I gather these new Beatles remasters come from a Digital master and not an Analogue.

Is it likely to make a difference, has anyone heard them to confirm what the quality is like? At 350 for the full collection they are very very expensive, but still a price I would be willing to pay if they sound as good as some of the other Vinyl records from my collection.
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)

Last edited by Bigbazz : 04-13-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #4647
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Ram is such a good album.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #4648
20Tigers

Been listening lately to some songs and focusing on the production aspects.

I set my speakers up in the perfect position and went through a range of artists and songs with my eyes closed just listening. One thing I was paying attention to was the placement of the sounds within the sound stage. A lot of bands use the same set up over and over. Everything is pretty much in the same place for each song but well balanced and clear. Other bands have a lot of stuff coming pretty much straight down the middle, or at least not widely spaced but still manage a clear distinction of each instrument.

Then there's George Martin. It was awesome listening to the Beatles songs. The way he would spread the sound sources across the stereo is awesome. You can listen to the songs and think okay we've got this happening on the right side this happening in the middle but the left just feels empty. Then an instrument is introduced on the left and it feels complete. It's like the usual concepts of tension and resolution but applied to the position of the musical sources in the sound stage. If you want to hear what I was listening to set up your speakers, listen to Sgt Peppers with a blindfold on and focus on the placement of the sound sources.

A few other producers were pretty good but George Martin's work with the Beatles is amazing.

It's as though the Beatles were just a perfect storm of musical and creative genius.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #4649
wcrystal

The Beatles - my favorite!!!! Especially, Paul! The most beautiful =)))
Yellow Submarine!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #4650
darryberry92

beatles were nobody's that knew nothing about music, until one day they said **** it lets change the world. and they did it with more than just a bang. much respect to these boys.
darryberry92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4651
patbuck2

^

Yeah rock and roll used to be about changing the world back in those days. The Beatles certainly did in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
White Album is really lame the more I listen to it.

"Abbey Road" and "Let It Be" albums are where its at when it comes to Beatles albums.
patbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #4652
WallyJenkins
Banned

I think the white album's gold Blackbird is ****ing on that album.
WallyJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #4653
Jes Johnson

Oh yeah, I loooooooove the Beatles. Easily one of my favorite bands. So many absolutely incredible songs, and to think they did it all in seven or eight years.

And personally, I don't get the "overrated" thing in the first place. I don't see why it should make someone angry that other people like something they don't like.
Jes Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #4654
Led Zep fan

hey has any one heard about "faul mcCartney"? aka paul is dead?
Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #4655
eGraham
Fishing's not that hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers
It's as though the Beatles were just a perfect storm of musical and creative genius.

I agree. I dunno if it's lame to call it fate, but it sort of seems like their union was. They all are/were talented musicians in their own right, but they had such skill and chemistry together. It really is amazing.

October 23, 2014
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #4656
beer bear
UG's Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I agree. I dunno if it's lame to call it fate, but it sort of seems like their union was. They all are/were talented musicians in their own right, but they had such skill and chemistry together. It really is amazing.

Too true. Chemistry seems to be just as important as musicianship with the biggest bands. Led Zeppelin, the Who or Rush wouldn't be half as good if any of the members changed.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #4657
deepstreibzy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer bear
Too true. Chemistry seems to be just as important as musicianship with the biggest bands. Led Zeppelin, the Who or Rush wouldn't be half as good if any of the members changed.

True for most bands...but I think Ringo could've been replaced with....well, anything. Guy was a sh*t drummer.

And let me just finish by saying the Beatles are by far my favorite band ever. But Ringo still sucks.
deepstreibzy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #4658
Jes Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstreibzy666
True for most bands...but I think Ringo could've been replaced with....well, anything. Guy was a sh*t drummer.

And let me just finish by saying the Beatles are by far my favorite band ever. But Ringo still sucks.

Well, I think he was the right drummer for the Beatles. I can't imagine them playing with a drummer like John Bonham or Keith Moon. What the Beatles needed was a beat, and Ringo was good at providing that.
Jes Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #4659
reginabrown

They're the best band!!!!!

Rate This Thread: