User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #21
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGSY1986
Thanks for the advice guys we'll take it on board. But kyle62... what a waste of time, didnt ask for your opinion, I asked for advice. Im sure you wasnt makin studio quality recordings the first time you recorded so get a life instead of taking the piss out of bands on forums... very mature of you. and same with the logo , that was literally my first go on photoshop which i didnt think was to bad considering, id love to see what u came up with the first time your where on it.

I'm only mocking because you came on here with the clear intention of self-promoting, rather than asking for genuine advice. The funny thing is, I really like your demo (though the recording is dodgy as ****).

If you want serious, structured advice about how to improve things, awesome, just don't post here like it's an advert. I love helping out bands and offering support (sometimes even free mixing and design), as long as they're actually asking for advice and not just trying to big themselves up.

If you want constructive, I recommend panning the guitars hard left and right, high-passing them around 10khz, and compressing the bass a little. Also try running the lead guitar parts through cab impulses - they're way too harsh and bright.

And yes, my first stuff on photoshop was total shite (and some would argue my current stuff still is ). If in doubt, keep it simple.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
DEGSY1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
I'm only mocking because you came on here with the clear intention of self-promoting, rather than asking for genuine advice. The funny thing is, I really like your demo (though the recording is dodgy as ****).

If you want serious, structured advice about how to improve things, awesome, just don't post here like it's an advert. I love helping out bands and offering support (sometimes even free mixing and design), as long as they're actually asking for advice and not just trying to big themselves up.

If you want constructive, I recommend panning the guitars hard left and right, high-passing them around 10khz, and compressing the bass a little. Also try running the lead guitar parts through cab impulses - they're way too harsh and bright.

And yes, my first stuff on photoshop was total shite (and some would argue my current stuff still is ). If in doubt, keep it simple.

That was not my intention at all, I came on here for advice, I promoted my band in the promote my band section. I didnt know it was bad manners to put my link and band name in a post and Ive apologised for that, although everyone has it in there signature. And I definitely did not big my band up. thanks for the advice tho, much appreciated, I have actually heard of your studio. If our drummer doesnt start mixing these better we might come to you ha!
DEGSY1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGSY1986
That was not my intention at all, I came on here for advice, I promoted my band in the promote my band section. I didnt know it was bad manners to put my link and band name in a post and Ive apologised for that, although everyone has it in there signature. And I definitely did not big my band up. thanks for the advice tho, much appreciated, I have actually heard of your studio. If our drummer doesnt start mixing these better we might come to you ha!

Cheers man. If you need advice or anything just give me a shout and I'd be happy to help. Didn't realise you were from the Wirral, small world!

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #24
DEGSY1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
Cheers man. If you need advice or anything just give me a shout and I'd be happy to help. Didn't realise you were from the Wirral, small world!

Will do dude , nice one! Haha it sure is!
DEGSY1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: