Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
MobiuZ

Roma Victor - Heavy Metal - C4C

hey guys

Here is a new song ive been working on for a while . its about the rise and file of the roman empire . will add lyrics when ive written them

C4C

Non GPX Users
Roma Victor
Attached Files
File Type: zip Roma Victor.zip (75.9 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by MobiuZ : 01-05-2013 at 08:53 PM.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
hornet224
a rock

I found that to be a really nice, enjoyable listen. It felt very heroic throughout (which might be an issue if you also mean to convey the fall of the Roman empire - perhaps tweak it to be a bit darker?). I really like the way your separate guitar parts complemented each other.

Also pretty sure I picked up some Maiden vibes, especially around 119.

If you've got a moment, here's my latest:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581231

EDIT: A lot of people on this forum can be anal about having only GP5 files; I've got GP6, so haven't a problem with yours, but you may find it beneficial to convert to GP5 despite the loss of automations and control you have on the inferior file typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.

Last edited by hornet224 : 01-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.
hornet224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Well, not everyone has GP6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Well, not everyone has GP6.

well , than get it , i dont understand why people still use GP5/4 , you can not argue the sound quality differences and the new UI is just getting used to a bit , after that it becomes just as familiair as GP5/4 , just get ouf of your confort zone and try it ... if your computer can handle it that is.

and no i will not be converting to GP4/5 , i dont want people to crit a version of my song that is a lot more enferior than the original idea and doesnt represent it well at all , so people without GPX can go here

Roma Victor

Last edited by MobiuZ : 01-06-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
frankibo
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuZ
well , than get it , i dont understand why people still use GP5/4 , you can not argue the sound quality differences and the new UI is just getting used to a bit , after that it becomes just as familiair as GP5/4 , just get ouf of your confort zone and try it ... if your computer can handle it that is.

and no i will not be converting to GP4/5 , i dont want people to crit a version of my song that is a lot more enferior than the original idea and doesnt represent it well at all , so people without GPX can go here

I only listen to midi anyway so it makes no difference sound wise.
The lay out of GP6 is horrendous compared to GP5, nowhere near as intuitive, organised or user friendly.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
I only listen to midi anyway so it makes no difference sound wise.
The lay out of GP6 is horrendous compared to GP5, nowhere near as intuitive, organised or user friendly.

if thats your opinion thats fine

but it sounds like u just opened gpx once and were to lazy relearn the program , wich if you learned it you would know there's a lot more options now and it actually is pretty good.

and at least crit my song and tell me it doesnt make midi sound like some lame 70's band before saying it makes no difference.

Last edited by MobiuZ : 01-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
frankibo
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuZ
but it sounds like u just opened gpx once and were to lazy relearn the program , wich if you learned it you would know there's a lot more options now and it actually is pretty good.

and at least crit my song and tell me it doesnt make midi sound like some lame 70's band before saying it makes no difference.

Not at all, I've used GP6 more than enough to know that I much prefer GP5 still. And it's hardly like I'm the only one who feels this way.

It regards to the sound, I don't care what difference GP6 makes. This program is used to tabulate ideas expand on them, not to make finished products. At most I'll add some backing synth or a delay track but if I really want it to sound good, I go record it.

Onto the actual song then, midi first.
Quite like the intro, drum roll could be more interesting though.
It's all alright but a bit boring. Nothing of note is happening.
Triplet riff was a nice change of pace.
None of this is particularly interesting though, it's just kinda passing me by.
Break it pretty.
I'm a fan of long songs but this is outstaying it's welcome, it's just not holding my interest. It's not even that long is it?

Now with RSE.
It all sounds basically the same, better in some ways, different in others, but frustrating thin and airy throughout. Sounds like they record the RSE samples in a windtunnel.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
Relfiroth

I don't have gp6, so I listened to your soundcloud link
Then I opened the gpx with this to take a better look ->http://www.tab-exporter.com/

First of all, wow, this is a long piece

The intro sounds perfect in the soundcloud, and plain in gp5, so I will relisten to the soundcloud, and comment using the bar numbers in gp.
The main theme is quite memorable and well developed.
Bars 26 to 28 in my opinion break a bit the buildup, kinda like a break in the flow, but it still works.
Nice bass all around, nice to see that it got some attention, those are usually my favorite parts to write
Bar 115 - 119, one of my favorites, simple but effective.
The parts with the vibrato starting at 136, nice, sounds cool!
The outro ends the music nicely.

Not sure if you intend to add lyrics, I presume this more a instrumental work, overall, I would give it a 7 out of 10. Very well composed, however besides the main theme, it lacks some memorable parts, difficult to keep the listener attention for all duration of the music.
Also I found it difficult to relate it to the roman empire (but well, for that I would expect other kind of instrumentation instead of a electric guitar focused piece)
Relfiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: