User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #41
marjoriefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Who told you that crap?
A watt is a watt be it tube or SS. Tube amps are generaly rated at the clean head room not the max output. Tubes also clip in a way that is pleasing to the ear, SS has a harsh clipping.

This is factually incorrect. This is not debatable. No one listen to this guy. Ignore this ignorant man.

A 15 watt tube amp is way louder than a 15 watt solid state amp. This is basic stuff.
marjoriefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #42
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriefish
This is factually incorrect. This is not debatable. No one listen to this guy. Ignore this ignorant man.

A 15 watt tube amp is way louder than a 15 watt solid state amp. This is basic stuff.

See my previous post in this thread.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #43
blankblink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahalrus
Going back to those 4 amps the OP asked about:

The Mustang series of amps are great if you like classic rock/clean/everything but scooped super heavy metal.
The vypyrs aren't that good for classic rock/clean but make up for it by being absolutely superb at heavy metal.
The cube falls somewhere in the middle, IMO. If you read this and think you want a mix of the Mustang and Vypyr, this may be the best option for you.
I really didn't like the VOX VT series at all. It just sounded like a worse version of the cube.

How about a Marshall VS15?Valve state 15W amp.
blankblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #44
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankblink
How about a Marshall VS15?Valve state 15W amp.

It's not actually a valve amp...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #45
Robbgnarly

Quote:

I'd like to see where you read this information.
Watts do not determine volume fact.
SS and tube watts are determined the same way fact.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #46
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
My former guitar teacher is a busy, busy gigging musician in the state of Texas, playing statewide in many venues & styles.

His main go-to amp: 40w Fender HRD Combo.* It can't do everything, so he does have other amps, but that's the one that handles 75% of his gig work.

* same as me

My HRD Combo has been my go-to for nearly 5 years now!

MEPHAROOSTER
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #47
hatchet_job

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself
See my previous post in this thread.

Why are you even here? All I see from you is coming into threads, making "I know everything" comments, and telling everyone else how stupid they are.
Why don't you go practice or something and come back when you actually have something worthwhile to say. Do you hate the fact that a "noob" is just one more guitar player who will far surpass your "talent"? It is folks like you sir, that make it very hard to want to connect with this community. I know, I know, go cry me a river. But I seriously almost said to hell with this site. Because it allows someone like you, who tries to discourage and put down others.
Here's something maybe even you havent tried; Take your guitar and amp with you into the shower, it sounds awesome. Turn on the water full now! Enjoy.
hatchet_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchet_job
Why are you even here? All I see from you is coming into threads, making "I know everything" comments, and telling everyone else how stupid they are.
Why don't you go practice or something and come back when you actually have something worthwhile to say. Do you hate the fact that a "noob" is just one more guitar player who will far surpass your "talent"? It is folks like you sir, that make it very hard to want to connect with this community. I know, I know, go cry me a river. But I seriously almost said to hell with this site. Because it allows someone like you, who tries to discourage and put down others.
Here's something maybe even you havent tried; Take your guitar and amp with you into the shower, it sounds awesome. Turn on the water full now! Enjoy.

Lol, you can't think of anything constructive to say, so you're going to turn this into a schoolyard personal attack? Not that I really feel I have anything to prove to a little scrote like you, but I suggest you listen to some of my music at facebook.com/eddiehimself, before telling me I can't play the guitar. I certainly don't devote all my time to practising the guitar, but that's only because I've got other things to do with my life like playing bass and drums, recording, getting an engineering degree, having friends... basically having a life. I know it's a tough concept to understand right now, the idea that some people have a life outside of playing the guitar! Hopefully though, this concept will become familiar to you as you hit puberty. I think this forum definitely isn't the place for you. Why don't you go back to the pit with all the other raging kiddies?

Last edited by eddiehimself : 02-11-2013 at 12:26 PM.
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #49
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore

Quote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...36#post31008936
I think he's srs...
And yeah, calm down man (not eddie, the new guy)

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

randomguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #50
hatchet_job

What is SRS?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #51
hatchet_job

Quote:
Lol, you can't think of anything constructive to say, so you're going to turn this into a schoolyard personal attack? Not that I really feel I have anything to prove to a little scrote like you, but I suggest you listen to some of my music at facebook.com/eddiehimself, before telling me I can't play the guitar. I certainly don't devote all my time to practising the guitar, but that's only because I've got other things to do with my life like playing bass and drums, recording, getting an engineering degree, having friends... basically having a life. I know it's a tough concept to understand right now, the idea that some people have a life outside of playing the guitar! Hopefully though, this concept will become familiar to you as you hit puberty. I think this forum definitely isn't the place for you. Why don't you go back to the pit with all the other raging kiddies?

You are a very funny person. I wont regale you with my myriad accomplishments. Such as owning a $200,000 home outright. OWNING, no mortgage. Two beautiful autos, NO car payments, and such. So, I think I've earned my stripes too my friend. So, I do think that "having a life" is a prerequisite to such accomplishments.
Have a great day, and say hello to mommy for me will ya?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #52
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy2000
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...36#post31008936
I think he's srs...
And yeah, calm down man (not eddie, the new guy)

Well there you go. I knew it already: you've clearly never actually played a valve amp before if you think they're for "tone snobs." Why don't you go and spend some of your retirement money on some decent amps, actually go and learn the guitar properly, and tell me that you still prefer your shitty little squier amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchet_job
You are a very funny person. I wont regale you with my myriad accomplishments. Such as owning a $200,000 home outright. OWNING, no mortgage. Two beautiful autos, NO car payments, and such. So, I think I've earned my stripes too my friend. So, I do think that "having a life" is a prerequisite to such accomplishments.
Have a great day, and say hello to mommy for me will ya?

Wow, you're actually a fully-grown adult? You could have fooled me. Did you make your money from management by any chance? It figures, with the fact that you're dispensing "advice" to people about a topic you clearly have no clue about, and then getting all butthurt about the fact that there are people who might actually know more than you about it!

Last edited by eddiehimself : 02-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #53
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:

A watt is a watt. He's exactly right. Basic electronics.

The difference lies in the way each is rated, which is ALSO what he said.

If you don't know, don't post.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #54
hatchet_job

US

Quote:
Well there you go. I knew it already: you've clearly never actually played a valve amp before if you think they're for "tone snobs." Why don't you go and spend some of your retirement money on some decent amps, actually go and learn the guitar properly, and tell me that you still prefer your shitty little squier amp.

Wow, you're actually a fully-grown adult? You could have fooled me. Did you make your money from management by any chance? It figures, with the fact that you're dispensing "advice" to people about a topic you clearly have no clue about, and then getting all butthurt about the fact that there are people who might actually know more than you about it!

Who said anything about being an adult? I hope I never come to that!

And, I can't find anything, anywhere? Where do I say that I said a valve amp is for a "tone snob"? I have never even mentioned valve amps, nor do I have anything against them. Peavy valveking is a fave in fact.
This is what I said; "Unless you are a tone snob, lol, this amp will do you right." see? the "lol" means I am joking, kidding, being cheeky? is that how you say it over there? Not putting anyone down, not being derogatory. Trying to be helpful, thats all. Still don't see where your attitude and or comments are in anyway helpful. And I realize you have some followers and some yes men, big deal.

Last edited by hatchet_job : 02-11-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Rate This Thread: