Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #1521
aidan.roker

Question

Hey doods, need advice.

I have a Powerball 1 v2 and I absolutely love it. I got with the standard Z-5 footswitch but like the idea of incorporating midi effects into my rig (probably a tc g major or something).

From what I can understand, the Z-15 is the only MIDI footswitch that will operate as intended with the mk1 Powerball (please correct me if I'm wrong), and as I am looking at using the Z-15 for control over midi and amp channel switching my question is this:

Can the Z-15 be used to recall midi patches AND switch channel simultaneously with one button? For example (put simplistically) have 'Patch A' stored as clean Channel I (amp) with reverb, delay, chorus, whatever (midi), and 'Patch B' as hi gain Channel II (amp) with comp, ts, eq, whatever (midi), and be able to switch between them with one stomp (as you would with a digital multi fx patch).

In other words what I'm looking to do is assign effets to each channel that get changed as you swap channels, much like you would with a channel dedicated fx loop.

Surely the Z-15 can manage this? Is is it down to the capability of which ever effects processor I go for?

aidan.roker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: