Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #61
dspellman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
hey dspellman, didn't you say in that speaker thread that mdf was good for guitar speaker cabs?

Yup. And the rest of the sentence was, "if you're leaving them at home in the bedroom."

I also said that birch ply was a better choice if you're going to be taking them on gigs because it does a better job when exposed to impact, moisture, etc.

I also pointed out that the more advanced speaker cabinet designers are going with a thinner, lighter plywood with a bracing structure that reduces weight and increases strength.

In addition, I mentioned that there were some really advanced folks building cabinets capable of handling over 900W out of composite (essentially foam and fiberglass) materials that were MUCH lighter than birch, handled impact and moisture better, and that were stiffer (couldn't be rattled by high-volume sound as easily).

Was there a question that related to the current discussion?

Last edited by dspellman : 09-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.
dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #62
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

nope just trying to get a handle on what's going on, that's all.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #63
The Judist
The problem is choice

I say go for it if you're GASing for an Agile and you're in the UK.

I did and she's a beaut.

And it's not like it's my only axe and I desperately want to say "OMG it's better than a Gibson".
I have a Gibson LP and the Agile actually holds its own, no question. Is it better? I wouldn't say so, but it just isn't far off at all.

In fact I would say you're not a true (singlecut/LP shaped) guitar enthusiast if you don't own an Agile.
After all you're not buying it for the badge/brand.

The only reason I haven't gone back to Rondo to get a semi custom 3200 is because I'm getting a custom monster elsewhere that will make you all go "WTF?"
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
The Judist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
Carrot
UG's only carrot

Ive no idea what the hell happened in the middle of this thread but i'm probs gonna end up buying one at some point in the future.

A nice 7 string super strat though.

'13 PRS Custom 24 SE IG rolling mills
07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
11 Micheal Kelly Patriot Premium
14 Fender strat HH

Jet City JCA50H
Zilla Small Vintage 2x12 v30/G12T-75

Pedals
Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #65
RyanStorm13

I just barely bought me an Agile 3010SE for $257 out the door, so to speak. She was on sale for $225, and then spent like $20 in shipping and added like $10 for 3 day.

It might be cause I had real crap guitars leading up to this purchase, but for $250, this is the greatest guitar I have ever played, and definitely the best I ever owned.

After my experience with the Agile, I have to say I wouldn't buy any other guitar unless from Rondo, at least until I have like 2k plus to spend. This might sound insane, but at least, she plays better than the Studios I have brought home, but off record, I compare her to LP Standards.

You seriously can't buy any new guitar for under $250 out the door that would even compare. Even if I paid normal price of $330, you just can't get 1/16 AA Flame Maple tops, ebony fingerboard with abalone inlays, let alone a 1 piece set mahogany neck, 2 piece solid mahogany body, bound body/neck/head, and alnico 5 pick ups.

Last edited by RyanStorm13 : 09-22-2013 at 05:23 AM.
RyanStorm13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: