Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #17221
skylerjames13
eGraham is stupidbuttface
 
skylerjames13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere North, Canada.
^^ Alright I'll tone down the weight a bit so it's not as heavy as my usual. I'l see how it feels and go from there.


^ Well I'd say I've had like 35~ hours or so since the last time so that should be pretty close. I'll definitely watch how it feels first tho just in case
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlover
You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.


skylerjames13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #17222
hamett91
Ungulator
 
hamett91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Close to the Edge...Just by a river
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Fair enough. Might be something for me to consider, if I can find something that isn't too expensive. I know as I tend to have long rest periods of several minutes (recommended in a few places for people with a body type like mine, so it's a less cardio-inclusive workout and more just focusing on muscle groups) and that brings up the total time of my workouts considerably, so it's tough to stay fully focused to the end.

A pre might help with those really long workouts. Personally, I've tried Jack3d and it seemed to give me a really uncomfortable, fuzzy head feeling. It was kind of a turn off and I've stayed away from pre-workouts ever since. Not saying that'll definitely happen, just something to consider. Now I just stick to whey protein, fish oil and vitamin D. Just gotta find what works for you
__________________
Doesn't the sky look green today?

My Folky/Psyche Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/user601483475

Last edited by hamett91 : 03-06-2014 at 01:10 AM.
hamett91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #17223
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
So I finished up legs for the week. During my final superset my legs gave out on me, twice. So, I think I did pretty good
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #17224
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamett91
A pre might help with those really long workouts. Personally, I've tried Jack3d and it seemed to give me a really uncomfortable, fuzzy head feeling. It was kind of a turn off and I've stayed away from pre-workouts ever since. Not saying that'll definitely happen, just something to consider. Now I just stick to whey protein, fish oil and vitamin D. Just gotta find what works for you

Yeah, my main concern is if it's stuff that might affect me adversely or isn't generally agreed upon without some concerns (not really looked into it, but some stuff people in here use I probably wouldn't because I don't agree it's completely safe etc. ).
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #17225
Zombee
Registered User
 
Zombee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Lost Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
Do you mean your hip flexors? Because mine get tight really easy, and that's where I feel it.


Also, on pre-workouts, N.O. xplode made me really shaky like I had too much sugar, and c4 gave me stomach problems, and stopped being effective for me a few weeks in. On the other hand, drinking a normal energy drink like an Amp seems to do the trick.

Looking forward to White Flood though



Edit: ^^^ Nothing wrong with lifting sore, in fact it actually helps a bit. Just make sure you don't let your form get sketchy. If you're REALLY sore, you may need to take the weight down a bit. Most important thing though is to listen to your body, and see how you feel when doing lifting.


Yeah, I think its the hip flexors. I used to get cramps in them if I'd sit the wrong way, which was weird, but since I've developed deeper squats, I haven't had one of those cramps. iiinteresting... But yeah, I feel like it was pulling my pelvis forward too much at the bottom and making my lower back super tight. I only ended up doing 2 sets of dead lifts.
__________________
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Zombee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #17226
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Yeah, my main concern is if it's stuff that might affect me adversely or isn't generally agreed upon without some concerns (not really looked into it, but some stuff people in here use I probably wouldn't because I don't agree it's completely safe etc. ).

I'd recommend getting a trial size, and take half of the recommended servings. That way you will be able to control how it effects you mentally, physically, etc.
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #17227
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Sounds like good advice, might try one on next pay day - any in particular you'd recommend for someone who's pretty much still a beginner and not lifting huge weights yet etc. (helps if it's available in UK so I don't have to order something from abroad that will increase price). Might have a look at the sweatband and Holland & Barrett websites later too.
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #17228
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Sounds like good advice, might try one on next pay day - any in particular you'd recommend for someone who's pretty much still a beginner and not lifting huge weights yet etc. (helps if it's available in UK so I don't have to order something from abroad that will increase price). Might have a look at the sweatband and Holland & Barrett websites later too.

As a beginner? I think you'd be fine sticking with creatine. If you are wanting to try something similar, just drink a RedBull or Rockstar 20-30 minutes before lifting or whatever.
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #17229
Dreadnought
Hammer / Scalpel
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spaceship of the Imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablast
As a beginner? I think you'd be fine sticking with creatine. If you are wanting to try something similar, just drink a RedBull or Rockstar 20-30 minutes before lifting or whatever.


Except creatine is not a preworkout.
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #17230
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne
 
StopReadingThis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
Yeah, I think its the hip flexors. I used to get cramps in them if I'd sit the wrong way, which was weird, but since I've developed deeper squats, I haven't had one of those cramps. iiinteresting... But yeah, I feel like it was pulling my pelvis forward too much at the bottom and making my lower back super tight. I only ended up doing 2 sets of dead lifts.


Yeah sounds like tight hip flexors. I like to use a tennis ball and roll it around a bit till I find the spot, and then lay on it for a 60 seconds or so. I also do the hip stretch that looks like a lunge, except you lean forward into it.

If they get really tight while lifting, don't be afraid to stretch them between sets. Usually you aren't supposed to static stretch before lifting, but the hip flexors are usually an exeption.
__________________
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #17231
LolCatGuitar
The Surgeon is back
 
LolCatGuitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
snatched 60 on my second attempt tuesday, usually i would only get it after ~5 tries but 2nd try is pretty good considering my best is 61. went for 65 but i could only pull it right to the bottom of my sternum, so getting under that for me would be close to perfection in my snatch technique at the moment. stopped jumping forward and the bar usually stays within centimeters of my body during the pull. power clean 80kg for a double, 60 5x5 push press, 110 shrugs etc etc. next time i shrug it's going to be 115+kg just so i don't get too comfortable.

with my current lifts, I hope to go 60, 63, 67 in the snatch and 80, 85, 91 in the clean and jerk my next competition. as long as i get 1 snatch attempt in i'll be good, as my consistency in the 95%+ range in the snatch is not great. I can grind out a shitty clean and still jerk it so i'm not too worried.
__________________
If I post in your thread it will probably die.
LolCatGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #17232
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Except creatine is not a preworkout.

It is used as a pre and post-workout booster. So it technically is
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #17233
FearMyLightning
UG Fanatic
 
FearMyLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Did front squats and leg press today, my right ankle right side has been bothering me when I kneel down and get back up, it doesn't do it during leg exercises though, just when I put force on it in a certain way. It has been doing it on and off for a few weeks when I've been kneeling down alot so I don't know what the deal is.

I really need to work on my power clean since the gym I go to doesn't have a squat rack I have to power clean the bar up to my chest, but I only managed one set of 185x6 since I couldn't do it again it was kind of disappointing I had alot left in the tank.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 03-06-2014 at 09:03 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #17234
angusfan16
IT'S GOOFY TIME
 
angusfan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kensucky
Todays workout

legs/core


Really wanted to do partial squats but i just felt like complete shit after doing leg press. Did goblet squats as a substitute.


edit: Tomorrow gonna be like

__________________
Tool
is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by indierockker102
angusfan suck on your dads dick you ****ing shit head

Last edited by angusfan16 : 03-06-2014 at 10:27 PM.
angusfan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:33 AM   #17235
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne
 
StopReadingThis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablast
It is used as a pre and post-workout booster. So it technically is


Not in the sense that pre-workout formulas are. Although I agree creatine is more effective than a bunch of caffeine and sugar.

Having said that, I received a bunch of caffeine and sugar in the form of WHITE FLOOD this afternoon and I am stoked

It also came with free samples of an amino acid/ energy booster thing and pack of thermogenic pills. I might try the aminos but I'll probably ditch the pills.
__________________
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive

Last edited by StopReadingThis : 03-07-2014 at 02:38 AM.
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #17236
LolCatGuitar
The Surgeon is back
 
LolCatGuitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
clean and jerked 85kg today, decent.
missed the 91kg clean ~6 times, caught it twice but couldn't stand up and it kept bouncing off of my shoulders
dropped down to 87.5 and missed that clean around 5 times.
absolutely unacceptable.
__________________
If I post in your thread it will probably die.
LolCatGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #17237
lt mittens
milfhunter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: belgium
tfw you come back after near 3 months inactivity and you have to train with weights that you didn't even use to warm up with

luckily there's something called muscle memory so it shouldn't take too long
__________________
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
lt mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #17238
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
Not in the sense that pre-workout formulas are. Although I agree creatine is more effective than a bunch of caffeine and sugar.

Having said that, I received a bunch of caffeine and sugar in the form of WHITE FLOOD this afternoon and I am stoked

It also came with free samples of an amino acid/ energy booster thing and pack of thermogenic pills. I might try the aminos but I'll probably ditch the pills.

Yea, as a beginner he should stick to creatine. Maybe after s year of lifting he can try preworkouts. Someone tell me how White Flood is!!
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #17239
angusfan16
IT'S GOOFY TIME
 
angusfan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kensucky
White Flood came in today after i had already worked out. Sonofabitch.



Almost tempted to just take it anyway before i go to work.
__________________
Tool
is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by indierockker102
angusfan suck on your dads dick you ****ing shit head
angusfan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #17240
FearMyLightning
UG Fanatic
 
FearMyLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
White Flood came in today after i had already worked out. Sonofabitch.



Almost tempted to just take it anyway before i go to work.


Do it, beat up your co-worker and/or boss.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.