Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
roaraudio

acousticy C4C

C4C add your link in the comments section.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Slow Pop.gp5 (13.5 KB, 111 views)
roaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Wasn't what I had in mind for "slow pop" but I can sort of see what you mean too. What you have so far, I would say sounds pretty good to my ears, but perhaps due to the slow tempo, it does seem somewhat 'tedious'. I am tempted to say that for what you've called a pop song it does contain a large number of track, but I'd like to see where you take this further.

I haven't started any new threads in a while so if you could just crit this attached file that would be great (another unfinished one since yours is too).

EDIT: Btw, welcome to the Tabs & Chords section of UG Roaraudio! You're meant to be some sort of prophet for UG's year of 2013 or something.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 The War In The Heavens - Phase One - V2.gp5 (30.7 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Emperor's Child : 01-15-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
roaraudio

Thanks for the crit, and thankyou much for such a lovely welcome. i'll defiantly try out a quicker tempo if you think it might add some sparkz. Hopefully i'll have a more extended version to share, perhaps i could message it to you?

I dig your song. The chords and progression at the start really stuck with me. So did the melody. I recently discovered 'dotted notes' (the dot adds half the value etc) and found them heaps easy/useful. And i must say my friend you've used them well.
I also really enjoy the heavy guitars, its like a little metalesqu teaser, but everything stays very much melodic.
It'd be great when and if this gets recorded with real instruments.

Judging from my writing skills i'm obviously not a prophet, right?

EDIT: The drums you have programmed really glue the composition together and they sounded quite original to me.

Last edited by roaraudio : 01-16-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Forgot something
roaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Thanks for the return crit. Feel free to message me or update this thread as I don't check my messages particularly often. It sounds like your fairly new to Guitar Pro, and I too was fairly new to writing/reading music when I first started with it too.

I found it was good to write loads of stuff quickly or "churning out garbage" as I used to call it, just to get used to the program and develop a taste for writing music. Sometimes I go back to old stuff and completely re-do it, even to the point past recognition.

My earliest work was worse than what you've got here. It was still very melodic but not very well thought out, there was so much cheese it was just terrible. So good luck I guess!
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: