Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Dix_Fix
J.O.A.T.

eBay Maton from Haworth Guitars

I have a few guitars now. My favorites are my Matons I have 4 of them, 1962 DC 545, M225 Natural, EBG 808 Artist & EM100C Messiah.
The Messiah I just bought from Haworth Guitars (Australia) but I bought it off eBay & saved $700 on the list price.
The story doesnt end there however. When I went to pick up the guitar they gave me the wrong guitar. I bought & paid for (on eBay) an M100 Messiah but Haworth's had 2 guitars onsale on eBay, the M100 I bought & an EM100C. So when I go to pick up the guitar the guy shows me it & immediatly I see it has the cutaway & realise the error. you dont need to believe me here are the eBay pics of the 2 guitars onsale (if you have a look you can see that the M100 has shipped written up the top corner as I got the pic off eBay after I got home with the guitar. I also commented on the feedback that they ahd given me the incorrect guitar.

Here is a pic of the bottom of the case that gives the list price of the guitar I recieved.

Who says that eBay is shit for buying guitars

So I'm one happy camper.

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!

Last edited by Dix_Fix : 01-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Dix_Fix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
patbuck2

Awesome deal. It looks beautiful. Congratulations on the new guitar. That's one hefty price tag.
patbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Dix_Fix
J.O.A.T.

Yep it is a hefty price tag but IMHO worth every cent. It even sounds better than my EBG808 artist & thats saying something. This is the 1st guitar my wife can even tell the difference in the tonal quality when I'm playing it. lol

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!

Last edited by Dix_Fix : 01-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
stepchildusmc

so........ you got the better of the two for sale accidentally? i'll bet the other guy's gonna be pretty pissed !
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
patbuck2

I just listened to some demo videos on youtube of both the EGB808 artist and the M100 messiah. Those are beautiful guitars both visually and aurally. Makes me realize that my guitar is just a piece of wood.
patbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
Dix_Fix
J.O.A.T.

stepchildusmc I thought the exact same thing ....when the guy who buys the other one gets it he will be pissed.....but that is their problem not mine...you win some you loose some ,, this tiime I'm coming out on the good side lol

patbuck2
Yep it isnt just Matons though any high end guitar should sound just as nice. I just figure I'm an Australian so why not buy an Australian made guitar especially when they are some of the best sounding guitars in the world. To buy the equivalent Martin I would be spending at least $1K more.
I figure it will probably be the last guitar I buy at least for some time.
I have 26 guitars now & dont feel the NEED to have any more.
The wish list has been filled. (You know the wish list of guitars you have when you started playing) lol

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Bellcose

Nice buy.

Sometimes you can strike it lucky. I bought a Custom Shop Maton from a deceased estate (I paid what they asked which was $AU,2,500). After a bit of research, I discovered that it had retailed at $7,200 - I did go back and offer to pay more but the executor basically said a deal is a deal. Top end Matons are rather nice in my view.

Washburn F10S; Artist OM; Maton Custom Shop; Cole Clark FL3AC; Tanglewood TW47E; Seagull S6 Qriginal QI; Gretsch G5135, Maton EM325C

Roland Cube 40XL
Roland AC33
AER Compact 60
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
tuxs

If its good enough for Tommy its good enough for me. Enjoy. Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: