Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore & Punk
User Name  

Old 07-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #781
UG Monkey
Originally Posted by DamienEx1021
After hearing that horrid Anti-flag song in the chat thread I realized something... I haven't heard good punk in a while. More specifically hardcore punk. Or just straight hardcore.

List me hardcore/hardcore punk bands. Also discuss any distinguishing differences between the two in the present system.

I prefer hi-fi recordings and not necessarily the "raw" feel of garage band recordings. Remember I am coming from Melodic Death and tr00 metalcore here. I like the polished feel.

check out Loose Ends (from NJ). good quality recordings for a smaller band. sound like Gorilla Biscuits. not sure if they're even doing anything anymore, but i loved seeing them live.

Cut Loose EP was great. never really listened to the one they released last year yet.

i mean, what kind of stuff do you know of already? i'm assuming you're aware of the old 80's hardcore/hardcore punk.

i don't really distinguish many differences with the shit i listen to anymore. i pretty much say i listen to punk. if there's lots of "hardcore" shouting and heavier guitars, i call it hardcore punk.

i'm probably the worst person for recommendations right now because i've been in the dark on current punk/hardcore shit for a few years and i've pretty much been listening exclusively to ALL, Descendents, Jawbreaker, The Ergs, and Lagwagon for a few months.
Originally Posted by MetalMullet
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #782
PC Police
This is what I have always kinda thought of when I think Hi-fi Hardcore. I may be way off but that is likely ignorance on my part of hardcore in general.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Originally Posted by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!
DamienEx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #783
devoid of taste
Joined a band recently, looking for recommendations of hardcore like Bane and Champion. Preferably bands with lyrics that don't make me feel like shit for smoking pot.
I haven't been on this site since I was like 16. I'm 23 now. Kill me.
kellykapunkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #784
hi, my name is matt.
drugs are bad mmk?

My Music, Updated Frequently:

Lame Instragram:

-tempest- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:13 AM   #785
Bar-B-Q Pope
xTURTLENECKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #786
'DC fan
how did I get here
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Originally Posted by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
'DC fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: