User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Snakebloke

Talking What a beauty!

Any ideas on the name of this gorgeous little thing?! <3

Oh and the guitar isn't bad either...

Ok back to reality, I'm looking for the make of this Mosrite 'copy' that "Sally Cinnamon" from Japan's HEAVENSTAMP plays regularly, it looks brilliant and if it is MIJ i'm sold but I can't seem to find this brand anywhere.

Any and all help would be appreciated muchly.
Snakebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Snakebloke

http://fuyu-showgun.net/2011/10/heavenstamp/

That appears helpful but I can't read Japanese very well at the moment, and Google did an awful job of translating that.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
th!nk

Probably be good to include a picture of the guitar itself in the opening post just so people know exactly what you're looking for, but the linked site has a shot (
[forbidden link] )

My Japanese is not much better than yours, though I'm somewhat accustomed to making sense of Google translate's results and can read Katakana pretty well.

The site seems to me to say it's an Eastwood (with the question being "what brand is it" or the like and asking if it's a Guyatone or Morales (both who have made mosrite copies)), however from a few google searches I can't find an Eastwood with that headstock marking, and the site may say that it's "like that" rather than actually being one (though that would definitely be an odd answer). There's a heavy, heavy emphasis on the eastwood thing though.

I think it says the trem is not Mosely Arm (Bigsby Type), and that it is floating, but I'm really not sure on the last part...

It could also be a limited, exclusive or no longer available Eastwood model like this one: [forbidden link] ) which could explain the logo - this would be my primary guess.
The top routing is common to a lot of Eastwood models like this one: [forbidden link]

Still, I don't really know any more than I can find through google so hopefully someone else can provide something more solid based on that headstock logo. Wish I could read the text on it, haha.
th!nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Snakebloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by th!nk
Probably be good to include a picture of the guitar itself in the opening post just so people know exactly what you're looking for, but the linked site has a shot (
[forbidden link] )

My Japanese is not much better than yours, though I'm somewhat accustomed to making sense of Google translate's results and can read Katakana pretty well.

The site seems to me to say it's an Eastwood (with the question being "what brand is it" or the like and asking if it's a Guyatone or Morales (both who have made mosrite copies)), however from a few google searches I can't find an Eastwood with that headstock marking, and the site may say that it's "like that" rather than actually being one (though that would definitely be an odd answer). There's a heavy, heavy emphasis on the eastwood thing though.

I think it says the trem is not Mosely Arm (Bigsby Type), and that it is floating, but I'm really not sure on the last part...

It could also be a limited, exclusive or no longer available Eastwood model like this one: [forbidden link] ) which could explain the logo - this would be my primary guess.
The top routing is common to a lot of Eastwood models like this one: [forbidden link]

Still, I don't really know any more than I can find through google so hopefully someone else can provide something more solid based on that headstock logo. Wish I could read the text on it, haha.

Thanks man but all your links are "Forbidden" for some reason.

I GoogleTranslated the page too and I got the impression that it was like an Eastwood but that Sally didn't know what the brand was on the headstock, impulse buy perhaps.

I would love an original Mosrite but as a student, $3000 is far too much for me. Thanks for trying though

I just sent an email to Ishibashi music store in Shibuya to see if they can identify the brand :P

Hopefully they have more luck than me. To be honest though I am more curious than anything else, but I have a Fender Tele made in Japan and I have had absolutely no problems with it, I just like Japanese build quality.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
th!nk

I assume that's because I'm new, or something, so I won't attempt to bypass it. None of them are all that vital - facts are there in the text.

Can't say I disagree - I've got a late 80's/early 90's Greco Les Paul Custom - one of their cheaper models, and it outplays my Gibson Eye, so I'm definitely in agreement.

Just the same, I'd kill for a mosrite or a lot of those early, funky looking guitars, but even with copies you get what you pay for in terms of quality, basically always.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, haha, and best of luck - if you do find out something for certain, post it back here as I'd be interested to know myself, out of curiosity, haha.
th!nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/index.htm

There is a guitar with a similar shape and similar-shaped headstock as in the article near the bottom of the page.
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: