Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #21
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

People have said that the LineIn can work before on this forum.

Thing is most people are talking about MicIn's on Cheap motherboard Sound cards. If I'm right a LineIn =/= a MicIn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
Clay-man
Say no to saying no

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
People have said that the LineIn can work before on this forum.

Thing is most people are talking about MicIn's on Cheap motherboard Sound cards. If I'm right a LineIn =/= a MicIn.

Mic-in is COMPLETE, GARBAGE. Like true utter garbage. NEVER use it for guitar or any other sophisticated recording.

All Mic-in inputs are built with a very low quality pre-amp stage that will butcher and slaughter the quality of the incoming audio if you you apply any effects to the signal.

Ex: using distortion in a guitar going in Mic-In will sound like complete shit, and you will have high noise levels with high feedback.

The preamp built with Mic-in is pure garbage. If you don't have an interface, and can't afford one, use Line-in if you have one. Usually laptops don't have one, but they are 10 times better than Mic-in. They're not the best but you can work with them.

I used to try to work with mic-in and line-in but it never really did any justice so I eventually got an interface. I'd use Line-in but that actually got fried, so I was forced to use Mic-in, which creates abominational tones with amp sims.

In short: use Line-in if you can't afford an interface, but if you only have mic-in, save up, even if it's the cheapest interface like a Guitar Link.

Last edited by Clay-man : 11-25-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Clay-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: