Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #2661
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Hottest temperature I've ever been in was 109F while on holiday in France when I was eleven. We had to hide in a church to keep cool, I farted on the relics.

These days I can cope with anything above 15c/60f without feeling like shit. I'm looking forward to winter here, now that I have my own place, now that I won't have some asshole housemate turning the heating on constantly because he's too ****ing ******ed to wear a jumper or something.

Also there are like twenty moths fluttering around my flat, if they touch my computer again I'm going to have to start burning them.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #2662
anarkee
oh the horror!

It gets to the century mark a few times a year here. Some idiot always has to exclaim, "oh but it's A DRY heat ". Yeah., so is my oven but you wouldn't catch me sticking my head in there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter_101
Don't you mean "Why do we alcoholics keep taking about bass?"?
anarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #2663
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

100+ in high humidity is crippling, so there is some meaning to that phrase. I didn't mind the 107 I encountered for a week in Arizona nearly as much as the rare 100 days here which make me almost unable to wake up.
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #2664
anarkee
oh the horror!

I grew up in NJ which with the heat and humidity is like being in the devils armpit at times. However when it hits 100 F it's just damn hot period

Quote:
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #2665
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

Can't deny that. Where at in Jersey?
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #2666
anarkee
oh the horror!

I grew up in Bergen County. Close enough to NYC that on a good clear day you could see the skyline from the top of my parents house.

Quote:
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #2667
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark Mass
I come from a region of Japan which has temps that never strays above 29c and 65% all summer long. Something about that makes me cringe and sweat like nothing although it makes for perfect for instrument construction.

Anyways cool temps and rising humidity I can deal/live with since you don't sweat tankers full of sweat.

Most of the time here it doesn't go above about 21C in the summer. You get the odd heatwave (or even the odd single day) where it gets hotter than that, though, and that's annoying since we have no air con or anything cos you don't need it 99% of the time (plus houses are designed to retain heat).

I could be wrong but I think the humidity here hovers around the mid 60s to mid 70s% when it's not raining and gets up more towards 100% when it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
Hottest temperature I've ever been in was 109F while on holiday in France when I was eleven. We had to hide in a church to keep cool, I farted on the relics.

These days I can cope with anything above 15c/60f without feeling like shit. I'm looking forward to winter here, now that I have my own place, now that I won't have some asshole housemate turning the heating on constantly because he's too ****ing ******ed to wear a jumper or something.

Also there are like twenty moths fluttering around my flat, if they touch my computer again I'm going to have to start burning them.

LOL

You sound like me... I can cope with a little hotter than that, my sweet spot is probably between about 15 and 20C. But yeah I hate it when other people always want to crank up the heat, normally I'm already too warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: