Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
Grawgos

Don't mention it man. You all are so helpful and I've learned so much from this site, it's the least I could.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
Grawgos

[IMG][/IMG]

I did a quick recording of the amp. Don't make fun of my playing too much, I am still learning this song and was nervous about screwing it up while filming. I don't know how to edit or anything, so all the mistakes are present.

This is my Washburn x50 with Madhouse Walter pickups straight into the amp. The guitar is tuned to C# since it's a Venom song.

Setting on the amp were:

Voice 11 o'clock

Bass 1 o'clock

Mids almost noon

Treble 11 o'clock

gain at noon

presence 9 o'clock

Keep in mind that was recorded with a little Kodak handheld cam. This positioning of the camera gave me the best sound quality even though it still sucks.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Now i know what the insides look like! Awesome Gut shot bud! Enjoy your new Dirthead. I sure as hell am with mine!
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
bburritt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
Grawgos

Hey B, if you click on the pic in my previous post does the video play for you? It does from my desktop but not on my phone. I was just wondering if its working. I'm kinda surprised that no one has made a few wisecracks about my playing.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Works on my end but takes you to photobucket before it plays.

I hope no one rags on anyones playing skills. It would stop people from posting. Not everyone is Eddie Van Halen ya know?

Thanks for the clip.

If you get better recording equipment you should post a demo in the dedicated thread.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #26
Grawgos

Yeah, I wish I had better recording methods to do a walk through. The wife will kill me if I start buying recording equipment though.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #27
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawgos
Yeah, I wish I had better recording methods to do a walk through. The wife will kill me if I start buying recording equipment though.

Just an interface and a mic is all that is needed.

I hear you. Same boat.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Sounds good! HNAD!

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawgos

LMAO! Mine to man! She is allready tired of my ass looking at amps and pedals all the time. She wants me to start gigging again but with a baby and a thinning wallet that gets a bit tuff. So if i bring up the mention of recording.....i ge the stare and any husband knows that stare......i dont like that stare.

But yeah the video sounds good man. Im gonna try eventually to do a full in depth review on mine and putting it on youtube.
Epiphone Prophecy

Last edited by bburritt1 : 03-04-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
Strat007
look ma no pedals

Looks good, HNAD!
Strat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #31
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburritt1
LMAO! Mine to man! She is allready tired of my ass looking at amps and pedals all the time. She wants me to start gigging again but with a baby and a thinning wallet that gets a bit tuff. So if i bring up the mention of recording.....i ge the stare and any husband knows that stare......i dont like that stare.

But yeah the video sounds good man. Im gonna try eventually to do a full in depth review on mine and putting it on youtube.

Evenings and weekends like every other starving artist with a day job. Might even help that thin wallet if you do it right...

Weddings pay well.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #32
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Evenings and weekends like every other starving artist with a day job. Might even help that thin wallet if you do it right...

Weddings pay well.

Very true. And Thank You.

Im thinking of getting in contact with some of my old crew that have waved byebye to the metal scene fulltime to playing either country and blues. Me having no expirence personally playing both correctly should be interesting. This amp will do whatever you want so its easy to pull anything off. Im more into listening to metal than my slowly decaying left hand is. So it might be a nice change to a different style.

Thanks again for the advice.
Epiphone Prophecy
Old 03-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #33
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburritt1
Very true. And Thank You.

Im thinking of getting in contact with some of my old crew that have waved byebye to the metal scene fulltime to playing either country and blues. Me having no expirence personally playing both correctly should be interesting. This amp will do whatever you want so its easy to pull anything off. Im more into listening to metal than my slowly decaying left hand is. So it might be a nice change to a different style.

Thanks again for the advice.

Listen to some of the Jason Aldean / Eric Church / Jake Owen / Chris Cagle/ Josh Thompson country to see where the genre is at currently. It's not old school country and it's certainly more fun to play and not difficult at all.

Change a few words and lose the 'twang' and most of these newer songs would have been rock 20 years ago...

We attended a wedding a couple of years back for 2 old friends and they booked a well-respected local 4 piece group for a 4 hour gig, country and light rock and the bride and groom selected the setlist.

$2,750...

They stayed an extra hour because they took requests from the wedding party and probably knocked back another $300-400 in tips.

Now I note these folks are true professionals, and have top quality gear, but they stay booked up so it can be done.

Last edited by Arby911 : 03-04-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Arby911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #34
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Listen to some of the Jason Aldean / Eric Church / Jake Owen / Chris Cagle/ Josh Thompson country to see where the genre is at currently. It's not old school country and it's certainly more fun to play and not difficult at all.

Change a few words and lose the 'twang' and most of these newer songs would have been rock 20 years ago...

We attended a wedding a couple of years back for 2 old friends and they booked a well-respected local 4 piece group for a 4 hour gig, country and light rock and the bride and groom selected the setlist.

$2,750...

They stayed an extra hour because they took requests from the wedding party and probably knocked back another $300-400 in tips.

Now I note these folks are true professionals, and have top quality gear, but they stay booked up so it can be done.

Dear God! I new the money was good but not that good :O.

Trust let me hear it and i will play it backwards and forwards. But dang that aint bad. Going back to work at G.C again in two weeks after a 2 1/2 year break. So i will see what i get myself tied into.

But i truly dig more of the Rock type country than the over produced Pop Country that you hear alot nowadays. Brad Friggin Paisley is one of my heroes as well. Cant finger pick near that good but hey. Give a few weeks and i could jam a set with him though
Epiphone Prophecy
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^^ my sister's friend got married a while back and they booked a 2-piece band and they cost something like £4k And i think they played for like an hour and a half or something like that.

it really does seem to pay well, in this part of the world, anyway (northern ireland). It pays well enough that it's actually worth considering as a proper job around here, assuming there aren't some massive expenses which I haven't thought of, and assuming you are good enough and get booked enough- though at that rate of pay one gig every month would easily be enough to live on!

One of the few advantages of living in a very conservative area, everyone wants to get married and makes a big thing of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Last edited by Dave_Mc : 03-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
^^ my sister's friend got married a while back and they booked a 2-piece band and they cost something like £4k And i think they played for like an hour and a half or something like that.

it really does seem to pay well, in this part of the world, anyway (northern ireland). It pays well enough that it's actually worth considering as a proper job around here, assuming there aren't some massive expenses which I haven't thought of, and assuming you are good enough and get booked enough- though at that rate of pay one gig every month would easily be enough to live on!

One of the few advantages of living in a very conservative area, everyone wants to get married and makes a big thing of it

Great grandparents are from Ireland! If wasnt a recovering alcoholic i would raid a local pup for some BREW! But im not Really want to visit though!

Yeah come to think of it my sisters wedding had a two peice band and even they were $2000 for 3 hrs. But 4000 euros for 1 1/2 hours? I would have my size 12 up one of those asses in a heartbeat if i saw them leave that quick!
Epiphone Prophecy
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

not 4000 euros, 4000 pounds sterling (I'm in northern ireland, we use the british pound here). slightly more even than 4000 euros

$6000 at current exchange rates. And they (allegedly) weren't even that good.

EDIT: this was a while back, though. not sure exactly how long, but in the current economic climate i'm not sure how the prices are.

EDIT #2: cool amp and nice thread title, by the way

Quote:
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Last edited by Dave_Mc : 03-04-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
not 4000 euros, 4000 pounds sterling (I'm in northern ireland, we use the british pound here). slightly more even than 4000 euros

$6000 at current exchange rates. And they (allegedly) weren't even that good.

EDIT: this was a while back, though. not sure exactly how long, but in the current economic climate i'm not sure how the prices are.

EDIT #2: cool amp and nice thread title, by the way

And there goes to show the damage that can go from partying for 15 years straight and no break.....allow me ( i used to know the difference between pounds and euros) GOD i scare myself sometimes.

Oh and on the name. Thats part of the reason i bought it. You gotta have a good sense of humor while being a musician. It helps on the road!
Cheers
Epiphone Prophecy
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #39
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

haha no worries

and

Quote:

Rate This Thread: