Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
zymn

Humans Are The Loneliest Animals (Come on, I neeeed comments)

So for the first time ever I performed in front of people in a public place... And they didn't hate it. I did covers though, but I'm kind of wanting to try something original next time maybe... So what do you guys think of this song?

https://soundcloud.com/sandpaper-sc...e-the-loneliest
zymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
Bad Kharmel

you've got a good start, but you should try to listen to the resonance between your voice and the guitar, it will help with your pitch quite a bit, also your song seems to lack structure, and just sort of meander which makes it a bit hard to follow
Bad Kharmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
zymn

Thank ya! I'll work on that. I sorta realized that my rhythm doesn't really have a rhythm. :P
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
zymn

Made an improved version. I sped up on singing and playing and I think it turned out a little better. I even added a little solo.

https://soundcloud.com/sandpaper-sc...the-loneliest-1
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
boratian
UG Member

You seem to kind of just talk melodically, it doesn't have that sort of structure you generally hear in singing, it kinda has that Johnny Cash sort of vibe but on speed lol. You should work on making the transitions flow better as well as improve the quality of the recording if possible. I recommend trying to get a bit more treble into the guitar but maintain the warmth that an acoustic naturally has.

I don't have much experience with acoustic recording (I generally play electric almost exclusively and record direct in), but I do know that you should try to get into an acoustically "good" room - an extreme example is that a garage probably won't sound stellar. What I do is try to get the cleanest possible sound with no static (I'd play in a soundproof room if I had one), then I add reverb and all that extra stuff to the "pure" recording.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
zymn

Hm well thanks! I think... I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash lately so that might explain some. :P And I think the problem with the guitar is that I need some new strings. They're sounding a little dull right now. Thanks a bunch for the in depth comment though! Makes me happy.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
aaron aardvark

zymn,
That was amusing & fun (mostly because of the lyrics)! Most of the guitar playing is pretty good. Singing & melodies are good. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1576745
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #8
zymn

Thank youu very much! Glad that people like my lyrics.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
weorge
I'm Difficult To Explain.

I liked the song, I liked the lyrics and the odd way of phrasing them. It works for this song, but I wouldn't try doing it often because your sets will just end up sounding rhythm-less. I would try working on pitch for the vocals though, a lot of the time it just felt like the notes just weren't where they should be (might be due to the odd phrasing). Maybe try a different key? The guitar work, apart from the actual tone of the guitar worked well. Overall a good song, keep working at them!

Thanks for the review, now I'm going to go see what this 'cage the elephant' is
weorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: