Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-01-2003, 02:47 PM   #81
lacklustre
hole punch drunk

hey Fallen,
I've got the same problem with my guitar pro too. I'm still in the dark about how to fix it so far. i've searched all up and down the stupid help section on recording in guitarpro and gotten nowhere. Post if you get it figured out.
Good luck
Old 09-01-2003, 02:51 PM   #82
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by _ThE_FaLLen_
Hey... im new with CEP but i noticed ppl use mics to record there stuff from their amp. I also noticed you can record rite from your guitar to the computer. Which is better? Advantages? Ive started messing around and recording and i noticed that alot of the effects on the thing are hard to figure out or just plainly suck... like the distortion... well newayz feed back will be appreciated... thx

i found it sounds better playing through your amp and having a mic about a foot away from your amp connected to the computer
Old 09-03-2003, 07:08 PM   #83
Metal Army
meh

Alright.....since nobody will help me with acid pro i guess i might as well try and fix my cool edit problem....

Everytime i try to get into cool eidt it gives me this error message, any ideas? And yes, i did try restarting the computer.....
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #84
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Originally posted by Metal Army
Alright.....since nobody will help me with acid pro i guess i might as well try and fix my cool edit problem....

Everytime i try to get into cool eidt it gives me this error message, any ideas? And yes, i did try restarting the computer.....

er...do you still have the exe file? or did you buy it...

try reinstalling it?
Old 09-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #85
Metal Army
meh

Quote:
Originally posted by ohdarn323
er...do you still have the exe file? or did you buy it...

try reinstalling it?

At first it only worked for like 2 sessions and then i had to reinstall it, but now i keep reinstalling it and it doesnt work at all....

If i had the money i wuld buy it.....then it probably wouldnt do as many errors.....
Old 09-04-2003, 07:00 AM   #86
uuuuhhhhhhhh

you have a virus. i had that same ****. all my audio programs wouldnt work. run virus scan find that ****er and kill it.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:59 AM   #87
TheVinesRule
<none>

shlte sound

i just recorded a chord sequence to show you all how bad the sound is. i havnt done anything with any setting it just came out like this when i first started to use it

does anyone know what is wrong?!???!?!

http://grapevines.dmusic.com/music/download/83080
Old 09-04-2003, 09:05 PM   #88
Metal Army
meh

Quote:
Originally posted by uuuuhhhhhhhh
you have a virus. i had that same ****. all my audio programs wouldnt work. run virus scan find that ****er and kill it.

Yeah, that was one of my guesses......but unfortunately i dont have norton antivirus

Maybe thatll be my next buy......
Old 09-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #89
TheVinesRule
<none>

Re: shlte sound

Quote:
Originally posted by TheVinesRule
i just recorded a chord sequence to show you all how bad the sound is. i havnt done anything with any setting it just came out like this when i first started to use it

does anyone know what is wrong?!???!?!

http://grapevines.dmusic.com/music/download/83080
come on can anybody help??? i need help quickly!!
Old 09-06-2003, 06:38 AM   #90
StreamLine
BareKnuckle Freak

i'm running into the same problem as lacklustre and the_fallen.

i run it through a zoom 505 processor, get good sound, everything works great (btw its line in of course)..... but i cant get cool edit pro to pick up the guitar and record it.

so i can play and everything etc, but cool edit just doesnt record it, i dont think it picks it up.

i have tried looking for help and messing with the settings but nothing works.

i am using the SB soundcard that i originally got with the pc, and i get sound... but why cant it record?

this question was asked earlier but it was sort of ignored.

i had a look elsewhere (inc UG search forums) but i cant find anything. how do i make cool edit pick up the signal?

please please please help

i got my hopes up today because i finally managed to get it all to work (ie come out out the speaker but i cant record)

so any links or help will be much appreciated guys.

sorry if this is being repeated etc, but i cant find what to do anywhere else

Old 09-06-2003, 11:07 AM   #91
lacklustre
hole punch drunk

I finally got it to work!!!
First i plugged in my guitarport (but did not start up guitarpro), I have an RCA hook-up that has a stereo jack at the other end, which I ran into the soundcard of my computer. Also, I hooked my speakers up to the line-out of the guitarport.
Then I fired up Cool Edit, then guitarpro. Once guitarpro was up and running I went to the options section of Cool Edit and opened up Device Properties. From there I selected Guitarpro as my wave-out, and wave-in (that little pull down box should have your soundcard, wavemapper, and guitarpro as options). And then everything was rock 'n roll from there out!!
Good luck amigos
Old 09-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #92
StreamLine
BareKnuckle Freak

i tried that lucklastre..... but only two options i get are wave mapper and my soundcard, and it recxords on neither.

weird thing is that if i put it on line in thru the soundcard, i can hear the guitar processor thru the speakers, yet when i set the option wave in/out to soundcard it does nothing....

in other words i have no 'guitar pro' option but i hear my guitat

help
Old 09-06-2003, 06:46 PM   #93
lacklustre
hole punch drunk

okay, i think i've got this kicked now. Start CEP before plugging in the USB for the guitarport. then start guitarpro program. Now plug in the USB and check the device properties to see if it's there.
good luck
Old 09-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #94
R@fa88offspring
Master Of Posers

I just was in google and in a obituary site is the name of Peter Quistgard so THE MAN is gone

Sad day for Cool Edit Users

Co-founder of The Whoas Club
Old 09-07-2003, 07:20 AM   #95
StreamLine
BareKnuckle Freak

yeh you cant download trial cooledit off syrillium site anymore - they've replaced it with adobe something update.

which means that unless people still have the original installer software for the demo, you cant get cool edit anymore.... which sucks.

also all online help on syrillium is now only to the adobe update - you can get it, but i'm sure they are aware of registarion names like peter quistgard and marco hardmeyer, so if you do update on an illgeal version you ahve a very good chance of not only losing your original cool edit, but also getting in serious copyright shit.

also i've sorted out my cool edit - had to tweak the control panel. but one of you uys could have said something to have saved me two hours of calling up people

at least its done now. expect material soon

Rate This Thread: