Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
Skyvalve2012

Those lyrics...wow. I'm impresed. No idea what's going on, but tell whoever wrote this that he/she did a freaking amazing job!
Skyvalve2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
JB95
I like taco

@Jready

We actually wanted a real clean tone, but the Marshall amp didn't allow it haha! The result ended up nice, so we didn't mind. The vocals was re-recorded after the original vocals which was maybe more like how you described the "better vocals", but our singer wanted some more passion in the singing. We also added the female cleans, which to me is a big plus to the song.
And thanks alot for good words, and we really appreciate having a new potentional fan!

@Skyvalve2012
I just told him what you said, and he's very happy to hear it. Not many have given feedback on the lyrics (they can be a bit hard to hear haha), so thanks a lot!

EDIT:

@Everyone

Happy new year!

Last edited by JB95 : 12-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
kenhv74

That was amazing! I thought the instrumental very catchy and unique, clean vocals sound absolutely beautiful. The screams were good but they could use some more power maybe? Very interesting theme and word choice of the lyrics. Definitely a song I'd add to my playlist.

I really like your band's style. you earned yourself a subscriber haha xD can't wait to hear more from you guys! keep it up
kenhv74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
ÅsmundSynnevåg

I love this song! Its already on my ipod. The only thing I can think of is that the female vocal in the chorus could be in the front instead of the growling and some parts which the guitars could be a little tighter, like the part before the vocals starts in the first verse. Over all good work guys, looking forward to hear more for from you!
ÅsmundSynnevåg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #25
viola0shredder

Hey guys, c4c ing here.

Im not really well accustomed to this specific type of metal but my impression is to bring the growls up a bit, and the kick drum seems a little too poppy for the music other than that, souds like something to burn churches too (i think, or are Varg jokes not welcome here)
viola0shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
JB95
I like taco

Thanks for the good words.
The female vocals will not be so much in the background next time, and the the mix will be better.

@viola0shredder

No fan of Varg's music or his actions at all. I find the joke a bit unappropriate, but I suppose you intended it to be funny. Thanks for the feedback anyway though!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
Oyface
UG's pimping owl

Wow, I didn't know we had this many Norwegians here on UG.

I'm not a big fan of those types of vocals, like the song in the OP, but I freaking loved the instrumentals.

My band is not metal, but we write lyrics in Norwegian, so I haven't really bothered asking UG about feedback.

If any Norwegians want to check out my band, that would be awesome. If you're not Norwegians but still want to check it out, go ahead, I won't deny you.

Here's a link to one of our originals, from a concert we played a few months back.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&type=2&theater

And here's our Facebook page. (Shamelessly advertising)
http://www.facebook.com/Slagvaapen

The rest of our recorded songs are also on the Facebook page. We do have a lot more songs now, though, and we are working on an album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos13
Go, Oyface, and become a menace to society
He encouraged me.

Oyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #28
Indy_Fire

This is a first demo? The sound is awesome! Studio quality, this ain't done at home for sure.
The playing is faultless, the riffs heavy yet catchy and melodic, impressive stuff. Loving the bit after the first lead break.
All round good stuff well produced.

Please if you have time check out my latest.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581515
Indy_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
JB95
I like taco

@Oyface

Glad to hear you liked it (the instrumentals at least).

@Indy_Fire

We appreciate hearing the good words, but don't forget to point out things we can improve too! The playing could be much tighter, so I have to disagree on the "faultless playing" haha!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 AM   #30
crushingmetal

This is interesting, there's some great riffing going on in this song, the intro part and the riff at 3:30 are sweet. I wasn't expecting female vocals but they definitely add another dimension to the sound. Regarding the guitar tone, I think it could do with some EQ work, maybe cutting out some treble and boosting the low mids, at the moment I think it sounds a bit screechy and harsh. Also maybe a some compression, for example during the part at 1:55 the palm muted notes sound quieter than the non-muted notes. Just my 2 cents. The drums sound great, and overall the song is well written and fun to listen to.

Could you review my track at this link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582540 Cheers!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
aaron aardvark

JB95,
The intro occasional high pitch guitar harmonic (?) thing: sometimes it distorts too much. Otherwise I like the guitar playing/riffs. Drums sound good. The female vocals are nice to hear for something different on a metal song (I like that better than the male "evil" vocals). Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581578
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection

Thanks for the crit! Here's mine on yours:

The clean intro sounded nice. But the song itself reminds me a lot of Breaking Benjamin with more creativity.

The riff starting at :45 is alright. It sounds very standard to me, so it doesn't stick out at all especially for a verse riff. The vocals aren't my cup of tea, but they're wayyy buried in the mix. As is the female vocals (which, coincidentally remind me of the girl who sang on Cynic's "The Portal Tapes").

The chorus itself is alright. Very catchy, so you got that! But it reminds me a lot of Bullet for My Valentine Don't know if that's what you're going for, but eh.

Love the riff after the intro riff though and right before both verses.

More female vocals, definitely. She's a good singer.

At around 2:50ish I notice the snare is really... low in the mix and doesn't have any power to it. Almost like you're just kind halfass hitting it. Re-mix it and EQ it to stand out and accent rather than just "sit" y'know?

The leads in that section are alright. They're just kind of "there". They don't stand out, but they fit. Just get a little more creative with it.

The rest of the song is parts I've heard already, so there ya go!

Good song, not really my cup of tea, but it's not bad! I could see it on the radio (take that as you will . Just mix it a lil better and bring the vocals more forward and it'd sound nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: