Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
mace200200

Confused intonating guitar with backwards bridge

It's a tune o matic bridge, gutair in question is a schecter Damien elite. My e and a strings are low when fretted. When I say the bridge is backwards I mean the side that you put the screwdriver into faces up (towards the neck of the guitar) now I don't know which way to turn it. It's low so do I turn counter clockwise (when looking down at it from the neck) to shorten the string?
mace200200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
SidKain

should be counter, either way. give it a go
SidKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
mace200200

I forgot to update this but my tuner was set to 442 hz I set it back to 440 and that was my problem. Just to be clear though, tightening the saddle (clockwise) should make it longer right? No matter which way the bridge faces.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
-MintSauce-
Time Lord

If the bridge is facing the neck, screwing the saddle in will move the breaking point away from the nut, making it longer.

If the bridge is facing the tailpiece, screwing the saddle in will move the breaking point towards the nut, making it shorter.

In all honesty, it doesn't matter which direction a TOM faces. I set all of mine up facing the neck anyway, because it's easier to get the screwdriver in that side, rather then through the tailpiece - that's obviously a different story if you have a string-through body. Anyway, if you're unsure, make a micro-adjustment with your tuner plugged-in and make sure you're working in the right direction.
-MintSauce- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
mace200200

Aha so it does flip then, basically I just need to remember that tightening will move the saddle towards the screwdriver no matter which way the bridge faces.
Schecter really should put the bridge the other way on their string thru body guitars though.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Explorerbuilder

Or you know... you can just take it off and put it facing the other way... Will take about 2 seconds.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gu...142725369133117
Explorerbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
LeviMan_2001

Or you know, you could think about how it's just a screw, imagine what a screw does, imagine which way your saddle will move and how it needs to move and then finish the job 110x faster than if you posted?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Lavatain
5150 III Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMan_2001
Or you know, you could think about how it's just a screw, imagine what a screw does, imagine which way your saddle will move and how it needs to move and then finish the job 110x faster than if you posted?

^ This.

Even if you couldn't mentally figure it out, you could've tried it anyway, if it went the wrong way then turn it back. This thread really is quite pointless...
Lavatain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: