EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #2942
bdof

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaw
Also OMG the Season 5 trailer is such a dirty liar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM&t=40

Gareth seems to be sitting in the same church with Rick and the others and says
"You don't have a choice, all of you. You join us, and we go to Washington and cure this thing"
*Immediately cue with the rest of Ricks's group staring at the camera, as if Gareth was speaking directly to them inside the chuch*
First of all, I don't think Gareth said that AT ALL in these episodes (or maybe he said it to Bob as a joke last episode and I forgot?)

At 1:05 or so, it shows the scene with Abraham making his speech, and at 1:08 they show Gareth "listening", making it seem he's there in that reunion.

At 1:15 Rick says "I don't trust this guy" and it immediately shows Gareth, when we now all knew he was referring to father Gabriel.

No wonder the trailer made no sense......

EDIT: ^ EXACTLY

I don't even know what AMC wanted to do here lolwtf
Did they want to throw off the comic readers? But then they said they'd be keeping the show as closely to the comics so it was kind of a contradiction there (and they did keep it close to the comics with this hunters thing).

I may tease you about your long posts sometimes, but I'm all in on this one. I remembered hating that preview because it made it seem like they all resolved their problems somehow, and joined up. I thought that it took ALL tension out of the future premier. Like "Oh, i guess they argued for a bit, but resolved their issues. Even though Rick killed that guy in the finale last season and Rick's "They're ****ing with the wrong people" catchphrase. None of it made any sense

Well, I can say that I'm quite happy they didn't do that, despite AMC being very misleading.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #2943
damian_91

Being misleading is one thing, showing scenes that will never take place is another. Like wtf m8

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/damian-91

My Gear:

Misha Mansoor Signature Carvin DC 747
Boss NF-1 Noise Gate (x10)
damian_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #2944
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Just don't watch the trailers and if you do, don't believe everything you see

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #2945
bdof

And whatever you do, don't scroll down and look at the youtube comments. The top comment is always some C*nt that puts like the top 5 spoilers of that upcoming season.

Game of Thrones Season 4 trailer comments enraged me. You can never unsee those spoilers
Old 10-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #2946
CaptainCanti
Apololo

I was kinda surprised that they're actually doing a Fear the Hunters arc. I thought they were just gonna do Terminus, then ten episodes of walking around, and then Washington.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #2947
ErikLensherr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers
If I wanted unresolved frustration from week to week I'd get married.

heyoooo

edit: unless that's a gay thing
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #2948
ProphetToJables
Tight Tight Tight

show

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
ProphetToJables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #2949
bdof

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/...141028_34583647

The real actress that played Andrea is way more kickass than the Andrea character
Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #2950
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

I've had this season's episodes on as background noise just to semi keep up with the show after finding the last two seasons pretty much unbearable besides a few episodes here and there. I may have to actually sit down and pay attention to these episodes because it seems to actually be pretty enjoyable again... yes, I'm one of those weirdos that loved season 2.
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #2951
bdof

Parts of season 2 were really good imo. The premier, the school scene, dead little girls, Glenn being a dangling piece of walker bait, the brilliance of Shane, Carl becoming completely desensitized, even Dale's death.

It just wasn't a good week to week season. That's actually been the main problem with the last 3 seasons, is that they weren't written and paced to be shows you have to wait a week for. They're MUCH better in a scenario where you can watch as many as you want in a row at your own pace.

Season 4 was just abysmally paced when I watched it week to week. When I went back and watched it again on Netflix, I actually really liked it. And though it might've sucked to watch Rick be a pussy for 14 straight weeks, and then finally grow a pair in the season finale, it really helped mold his character into what it is now. This current TV version of Rick is as good, if not better, than any version of the comic book Rick.

Last edited by bdof : 10-29-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #2952
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Fair enough. I believe I binge watched season 2. I may have to rewatch 3 and 4 and see if it helps.
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #2953
CaptainCanti
Apololo

Dale's death was probably one of the weakest, which is some shit because he was a great character. His death just felt very emotionless. Especially for Daryl. I mean obviously there was the whining and whimpering from Andrea, which just pissed me off because she was always a bitch towards him when he tried to look out for her.
CaptainCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #2954
EndTheRapture51
Feminism ruined The Pit

Season 2 was really good I think. Me and my girlfriend binge watched it and although it was fairly slow moving there was always something interesting happening. There was a lot of conflict between the people in the camp and quite a lot of stuff happened and it all came to a head in one of the best finales there has been.

In comparison, Season 3 and 4 were abysmal. Second half of Season 4 the show got back on track but I don't see why we had to sit through not one but TWO Governor arcs. They should've had the Governor invade and leave the prison by the end of Season 3 rather than dragging it out across another half a season. The prison, Rick being a farmer, and all the lack of conflict in the prison just sucked the life out of the show.

Also the show is currently really lacking a strong moral centre to the group, not afraid to speak out, like Hershel or Dale. I can see Rick going off the rails a bit.

Season 2 also gave us this:

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 : 10-29-2014 at 11:25 AM.
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #2955
CaptainCanti
Apololo

The Gov arc was drawn out way too much, but Morrisey had some of the best scenes in the show IMO. Whoever ends up playing Negan is going to have to match up to Morrisey.

I think they're leaning more towards Tyreese filling the moral centre role
CaptainCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #2956
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

as maddening as this show is, i'll give credit where credit is due. This week's ep was the first one in a long long time where there were no egregiously, obviously stupid logic flaws or stupid shit. Thought it was actually a really good ep. You just knew Bob was bit, they wouldn't have put so much emphasis on him while they were in the basement. Also don't think this whole shit with Gabriel is resolved either.

One thing that bothered me about last episode was why in the actual **** did they not just kill the zombies while they were above them? They were clearly in reach with the machetes they had, going into the water was one of the dumbest things i've seen in a TV show. So obvious someone was going to get bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
So who do you all think was with Daryl when he returned at the end?
My thoughts:

Carol : Not a chance. Daryl was kinda acting like a protector. Carol don't need no protecting. Unless maybe she was injured.
Beth: Possibly...
Someone else? I'm going with Morgan here.

Carol with Beth but Beth is all ****ed up in the head now
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #2957
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
as maddening as this show is, i'll give credit where credit is due. This week's ep was the first one in a long long time where there were no egregiously, obviously stupid logic flaws or stupid shit.

I thought I had clicked on the Doctor Who thread and this really confused me for a second.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #2958
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/...141028_34583647

The real actress that played Andrea is way more kickass than the Andrea character

Wow. That's pretty cool.
20Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #2959
Baby Joel
Sorry for ruining UG :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
I know right lol I mean Rick is the only person that makes sense for sticking around for Daryl and carol. I get that. But Sasha and tyrese what the hell do they care about Daryl? But Maggie doesn't stick around for her sister... Priorities man

to be fair, none of them know that Daryl went after Beth. They just know "Daryl and Carol drove off"

Killer episode though. Seriously this is turning out to be the strongest season since season one. so good
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: