Password
Search:

Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #1401
Shotgunmerc
UG's Scootaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
so one of those was definitely shotgunmerc

Nah, I don't really have anything left to confess, I've pretty much gotten it all out there already
This is my Rubik's cube, I know I can figure it out...."
Shotgunmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #1402
Samdroid
Team Zissou

Slowly but surely.

Quote:
I'm going through an identity crisis.

My parents have inherited over one million dollars which we are investing just now into rental property. If it all works out we'll be earning about 50K per year.

The thing is, when I first found out, I was shocked, then relieved, then excited, then nervous, then paranoid, and now I've got a bit of a crisis.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have "money problems" rather than "no money problems", but now I look at my future and think "ok, now what?". I'm studying and I'll be done soon. I can continue my career, which I plan to do, but I find my motivation dwindling.

I just don't know what to do. What's the point in anything substantial? Do I let the money define me, or do I strive for something unique? Start a business? Just keep working 9 to 5?

Should I take it easier and have a work-fun balanced lifestyle, should I pick up my guitar and busk on the streets of different cities? Or should I try to focus on making even MORE money and increase our property empire? I just don't know.

I even feel myself distancing from my friends too, and they don't know anything.

I'm glad I can say this anonymously because I don't want anyone in the pit to know either.

Quote:
This is the same guy who posted this post:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...0&postcount=967

If anyone remembers anyway.

I just wanted to post that things have been looking up since then. And to the guy saying my father deserved a punch in the face, I agreed. And I delivered that punch to the face this summer. Haven't talked to him since that, and it feels good.

Situation is still the same with my mother and that probably can't be helped, so I've accepted the situation by now and I live a fairly normal life. Got a band and stuff, 's all good.

ヾ(༎ຶ۝༎ຶ)ノ"

Samdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #1403
eGraham
Artists are crooks

If I instantly gained enough money for myself that my financial future looked bright no matter what I did, I'd certainly not work 9 to 5. I'd still work, because even with all that money, getting a check, I think, would still feel accomplishing.

But I'd probably do odd, non-typical jobs. It also helps that I'm CS student and most of my projects are for myself, anyway.

To sum up: Don't let it define you. But on the same token, don't let it limit what you can become. Don't become dependent--continue to grow.

April 23, 2014.
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #1404
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover

Quote:
I'm going through an identity crisis.

My parents have inherited over one million dollars which we are investing just now into rental property. If it all works out we'll be earning about 50K per year.

The thing is, when I first found out, I was shocked, then relieved, then excited, then nervous, then paranoid, and now I've got a bit of a crisis.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have "money problems" rather than "no money problems", but now I look at my future and think "ok, now what?". I'm studying and I'll be done soon. I can continue my career, which I plan to do, but I find my motivation dwindling.

I just don't know what to do. What's the point in anything substantial? Do I let the money define me, or do I strive for something unique? Start a business? Just keep working 9 to 5?

Should I take it easier and have a work-fun balanced lifestyle, should I pick up my guitar and busk on the streets of different cities? Or should I try to focus on making even MORE money and increase our property empire? I just don't know.

I even feel myself distancing from my friends too, and they don't know anything.

I'm glad I can say this anonymously because I don't want anyone in the pit to know either.

If I were in your shoes, I would use this opportinuty to pursue your dream job, whatever it may be. I'd be heading back to school right goddamn now and getting some kind of music degree. Whatever your greatest intrest is, take this opportinity now to fully delve into it and embrace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
muffinduck01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: