Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
kenkillion

Question ? 3 volumes, one tone- will this work?

Hello all.
Iím looking for some input on a wiring schematic for a hofner Ďstyleí violin bass. I havenít wired it together yet (still waiting for a part) but if any one can tell me if the schematic below will work, Iíd greatly appreciate it. Iíd like to mention, I really donít know what Iím doing as far as understanding electronics, but Iím good at following diagrams.

I get allot of flack about this bassÖ itís small, itís hollowbodied, itís got humbuckers, itís got a stupid shape, the 60s are over, Iím not paul mccartney, etcÖ but I love the short scale, non-fender shape/sound and the general punchiness of the thing, so f*ck Ďem. Awhile back I added a PIEZO pickup with an on/off switch that mounts directly onto the floating bridge, it gives it a switchable acoustic bass twang that is pretty useful. The only trouble is that, depending on the amp, the high-treble from the piezo can be too scratchy and requires allot of amp EQing to be acceptable. I thought of wiring in a volume pot for the piezo but instead decided to rewire the rest of the guitar too. (besides: the Hofner bass wiring does not include a tone potentiometer for any of the pickups and I thought that would be kinda helpful.)

The bass has two humbucking pickups and the piezo pickup mentioned above. I am planning on having a separate volume control for each pickup (3) and one master tone control (1). I will leave the on/off switch installed for the piezo.

Take a look at the schematic and tell me if it will workÖ or if it will work ďBUT.Ē
Thanks!!
kenkillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: