User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM   #17081
The4thHorsemen
Which way's she spinning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears.fan
every time I start up my computer, several programs (windows defender, firewall, security center) are turned off. the solution I found online is to run "services " as an administrator, and turn every program to startup type "automatic". I've done this, but the problem still persists. I'm running windows 7, and I did recently downloaded Ad-Blocker plus for google chrome (i'm not sure if this could be the cause), any suggestions?

I'm guessing you got the extension from the actual google chrome website
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...aibdccddilifddb
and not some other place? If so then I don't see how that would have anything to do with it. Can you think of anything else you downloaded or installed right before it started happening? The first thing that I would do is run a scan like malwarebytes and see if it finds anything, though I don't know if that'll find it or not.

When it comes to troubleshooting problems like this I just fly by the seat of my pants with a lot of help from google. Maybe someone else could be more helpful. If you really can't figure it out and if no one here has any ides you could try making a thread on bleepingcomputer.com under the Am I Infected? subforum. They sorted me out a couple of times when I really needed help - it takes a while though. They basically tell you to run a program, then come back and post the log files, then they tell you to run another program, etc. Just read through the "Before you post about a problem" sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienEx1021
Sweet! While it isn't exactly what I want, it does cut back on how long it takes me to move things around and makes it so everything is at least on one monitor from the start.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #17082
pugachev

GTX 900 series incoming

supposedly the 970's MSRP is $299. If thats true I'm picking up two for SLI.

pugachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #17083
WantsLesPaul
Nod to my Nod

Will there be anything close to 780 TIs with possibly lower pricing?
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #17084
pugachev

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
Will there be anything close to 780 TIs with possibly lower pricing?

The 980 is better performance than the 780 ti and 290x, but also with a lower TDP. The rumored price is $599 but no one knows for sure yet. I think they officially announce them tomorrow.
pugachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #17085
DamienEx1021
PC Police

If they will hurry up and get on with it already, that would be nice. I just got a debt consolidation loan and now all my credit cards are free. Can't wait for x-mas time when I will have some extra income so I can throw a new GPU on the credit card and then pay it off right away.

Anyway, 290X is still my main goal. If AMD takes any longer to officially announce the R9 300 series, I might honestly consider switching to nVidia if the price drops enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
PC police strike again
DamienEx1021 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #17086
Fisheth24
Lord Of The Dark Things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienEx1021
If they will hurry up and get on with it already, that would be nice. I just got a debt consolidation loan and now all my credit cards are free. Can't wait for x-mas time when I will have some extra income so I can throw a new GPU on the credit card and then pay it off right away.

Anyway, 290X is still my main goal. If AMD takes any longer to officially announce the R9 300 series, I might honestly consider switching to nVidia if the price drops enough.

You and me both!

Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #17087
DamienEx1021
PC Police

That is only if they don't release details on the 300 series soon enough. In like the next 2 months soon enough.

Quote:
PC police strike again
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #17088
Xiaoxi
Indeed.

she can use my nano

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #17089
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Random bit of information for anyone who uses radiators/water cooling and that type of thing. I was getting conflicting information every where I looked for information on what is the best fan set up for radiators and finally came across this one post that made 100% logical sense but then the poster was ripped apart and considered an idiot. On of my good friends is an engineer and happens to be getting his masters in fluid dynamics. So I asked him about air flow, fans, radiators and the sort.

Turns out it is really really easy.

You want a push/pull set up and you want static pressure fans to be the push fans and you want air flow fans to be the pull fans. Everyone knows that static pressure is great for push fans, this is common knowledge, but what about the pull fans? Once the air is in, what do you need to get it out? Turns out, air flow and not more static pressure.

He listed some equation, Bernoulli Equation I think it was, and then explained how the fans should function. With radiators, you want increased pressure to force the air through the radiator. We use static pressure fans for this. According to Bernoulli Equation though, you have to make a trade off. If you are going to increase pressure, you have to decrease velocity. Any high static pressure fan will do the job. It won't necessarily have a high CF/M air flow, but the air flow doesn't matter as long as static pressure is generated.

Next we have the pull fan. Now that we have air in the radiator and it has gone through the heat transfer process, we need to get it out so we can get fresh cool air in there. Now normally, a push fan can take care of both since it is already generating pressure, but by attaching a pull fan, we increase the efficiency by moving the air faster. For the pull fan, we are not concerned with high pressure air, so we can go for air flow. Since we want to move this air as fast as possible, we absolutely want CF/M at this point. Air flow fans do just that. As long as the fan is rated for high CF/M then we are set on the push pull set up.

So in short, with a radiator set up, you want high static pressure push fans and high CF/M pull fans. When selecting fans, you can pretty much ignore the CF/M on a static pressure fan and focus on the mm/H2O. For your pull fan, get something with high CF/M.

Hope you guys enjoy my educational lessons. I really love this hardware stuff and hope that you guys enjoy learning more about the guts that drive all your fancy software.

Quote:
PC police strike again

Rate This Thread: