Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
stratoaxel

How to achieve a radio overdriven voice live?

The question title pretty much sums it up. Is it possible to achieve a radio overdriven voice when you perform live? If yes, how can I do that? Can it be done by "playing" with the mixer eq or do I need an effect processor or something like that?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
Sethis

Another way would be to take a small megaphone with you and sing through it at the mic. You will also look really cool doing it.
Sethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
merriman44

Do it the Sethis way or get a processor. mixer eq/gain control will sound like crapola on a stick.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Blackst4r
in Gibson we trust

Id go for the megaphone ....if you can find a good flea market look for the old ones that you Could have on your bike as a kid.....had a little hand held trucker style cb and very low output so you won't have to stand a mile away
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u-maDDNwT...e+Megaphone.JPG

Last edited by Blackst4r : 02-19-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Blackst4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
Blackst4r
in Gibson we trust

Sorted this one today...cup you hands around your mouth like your gunna shout....press slightly on the sides of your nose and remain about 1 to 2 cm away from your mic...this will make a nasaly-like boxed in sound that really worked quite well.

We were working on the announcer part in greendays "holiday".....for the megapfone I just stand back a bit more and shout putting my cupped hands under my nose.....honestly sounded better than with our real megapfone;-)
Blackst4r is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: