Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  

Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Acoustic Lou
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2013
What Kind of Slide is This?

In this video , The Edge is playing with what looks like a small brass slide.

At 2:32 heís using it like a slide, and yet at 3:24 itís more like a ring as he plays regular notes with his fingertip.

It seems unique in that itís so small, and I'm wondering what itís called and if anyone has used one.
Acoustic Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
String Theory
Join Date: Oct 2007
Google Slide Ring for guitar and you'll get hits like so,
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
|Long| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Acoustic Lou
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2013
Awesome, thanks.

I'd gone through half a dozen sites on types of slides and the history of slides and found no mention of it.

And funny how it's called a slide ring when I described it as looking like a ring.
Acoustic Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.