Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recording
User Name  

Old 01-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2012
Audio Interface to Speakers

Hi, Sorry for the ignorant question but if I plugged my mic into an audio interface and then audio interface into speakers would i get sound or would i have to use a computer as well??
daveinbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
UG God
MatrixClaw's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Climbin In Yo Window, Snatchin Yo People Up
If the speakers are powered, as in, you're using a set of powered monitors, sure. If they're not, no - you need an amp.
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
Sid McCall's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Well depending on the interface, you can't just plug a mic and speakers in and use it is a mini-PA system, if that's what you're asking. It needs the computer/software to route the signals.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sid McCall is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.