Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
salamander121
Drummer

Thanks for the helpful comments as usual man, sorry for the late reply but here we go for 'Slice Through The Chaos';

Great panning effects at the beginning - creates a good space/atmosphere before kicking in with that beat that sounds like something from the new NIN album!

Not too keen on the choir effect synths as they feel too retro for me! I do like the slidey mono synth you've got going on though. The effect on your vocals works well too.

The outro is definitely the strongest part of this song - you create a great vibe and atmosphere with the different range of synths/effects going on here.

Some good atmospherics/soundscaping on this one man, would be interested in hearing more of this ambient kinda thing.

My solo stuff: Finlay Cable (Soundcloud)
salamander121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
Marqway

*Slice through the chaos*

beginning had a Batman/James Bond type sound ... I like the electronica style sounds good I dont have anytype of effects near close to the effects your using ... keep it up = )
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #23
kornflipsk8er
Flosseswithguitarstrings

You continue to push yourself and create new sounds and musical styles. It is always a treat to hear what you will do next. I will say though that the majority of it seems like just a short taste and not the full song. You definitely have a unique sound and I want to hear more than sound bites.

On another topic. I think you would have some genuine interest in this discussion. But it needs to get started. Check it out and I would like to hear your stories. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...16#post32052816
I am inferior to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
kornflipsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #24
TokaiEX

"Called from a Far"

Very old-school, I like it, sweet bass line. The vocals could do with being not so present in the mix. Love the symphonic transition at 1:00, sounds very uplifting, nice contrast to the rest of the track. I'd echo what someone else said, very depeche mode-y.

"Slice through the Chaos"

Cool intro, ambient, sick bassline. Again quite old-school, but not in the same way. Vocals fit better in this track. Love the transition at 1:55, and the outro fits well. Could've been longer in my opinion.

All in all solid

YouTube!!

will do C4c always
TokaiEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #25
CF_Mono
Some dude upstate

I can hear what you mean by doing all the synthy stuff lately. It sounds extremely well done and professional. While it's definitely not my style, I can hear that it was really well constructed and thought out. I think the first song could be a little longer though, I feel like it wants to pick up and go somewhere but it doesn't quite do it. Great for an intro track though. The second one was good but I didn't like it as much, I think the singing could have been a little more passionate. Over all really great job.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
TV-Casualty

Slice through the chaos:
Eerie sounding tune. I like the transition at ~2:00 and the part that follows it, but it kind of feels too soon for that. I wish there was some more substance to the meat of the song, because the ideas are very good, it just feels underdeveloped as is. A second or even third section would be a nice addition in my opinion!
Otherwise, I like the sounds. The bass sound is perfect for the style and vibe. Vocal delivery and fx processing is great. Love the delay!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #27
chris.morris.56

Ok, this kind of music I do not listen to but I did find "Slice Through the Chaos" to be catchy and some of the synth melodies were quite good. Production sounded good to me.

"Called From Afar"... Nice builds in there. Love the stereo synth pans... If I were you I would try to make the verse grab the listener a little more (the instruments I mean, the vocals already work). Maybe with a clever hook or melody. That's my quick take anyways .

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisP...?feature=vmdshb
chris.morris.56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
xHellbound
UG Freak

Slice Through the Chaos - Love the melody at 0:30, reminded of like.. James Bond music. I loved the bass line but I wish the song grew into something more. I'm not one for writing copious amounts of lyrics, but I think the song should be a little bit longer. The mix is nice, and I like the use of effects. The vocals need some tweaking, not sure what it is, but it's missing some oomph.

Called From A Far - Yeah, this one has a better vocal mix. You can hear the difference right away. I don't listen to this kind of music, but you had my head banging. This has the type of build I felt the first song was missing.

xHellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #29
Metastasis

Ok, I listened to Slice through the chaos. I have to say that I am not that into this kind of music. It is definitely solid, but a little bit short - not a complete song. The Sound is good, but I do not like the choir at around 0:40. The Vocals remind me of Rob Zombie.
Metastasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #30
vivalaheerey

Thanks for the comments on my mix.
Slice Through The Chaos - the mixing and tones are spot on! The writing and composition is really good, reminds me a little of the old Crash bandicoot music! The vocals sit very well with the entire song, it's almost quite gorillaz-ey. Love the bass tone, was nice and grunty.

Called From A Far - again the mixing and composition is very good, but possibly a wee bit bright for a commercial mix. Though the mixing is good, I don't feel the EQing has been done to its best, as in everythings quite loud, nothing 'pokes' through, most notably in the vocals, but it depends on how you like the song to sound.

Overall the mixing and composition sounds great, some of instruments sounded VERY sampled, but I don't think there is much you can do to change that, so still very good
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
vivalaheerey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #31
Splitvision

Hey, thanks for the input! Here's my thoughts on your songs:

Slice Through the Chaos - Really like the main themes in this song. The intro is interesting and well crafted, liking all the synth sound here, except for the lead just before the vocals which I feel is too farty. A little less farty and it would have been perfect! Vocals are also just a tad bit too wobbly and processed for my liking. You've really got a secret agent/industrial/electronic-mix feeling going on in the song, and it feels original and fresh. Like it a lot overall, good mixing and ideas, wish it was a bit longer!

Called from afar - Again liking the atmosphere. And again the vocals are a bit too wobbly for my tastes, and I think mixed a bit too loud in this song. I dig the section starting at 1:02 which is later repeated. I think this song is on the short side aswell, especially since you have the ambient outro going on for a significant portion of the song, 40 seconds or so. Overall a fan of this song aswell! Keep it up!
Splitvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #32
scarethecrows

Sorry that it's taken me a couple days to get back to you (I was out of town). I decided to do a close listening of Slice Through the Chaos

I think the transition into the initial beat (0:00-0:30) was very well done! It was very smooth, musical, and natural.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the choir-like synth and to me the section sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise solid production.
scarethecrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
dmitry.gubsky
Discipline me more!

Hi, I've listened Slice 'Through the Chaos', 'Inside Your Heart' and 'Everything I Can'. Your music is pretty cool!
For my taste, your mixes have a lot of midrange freq and vocals are too deep. Also, may be it will be better to make drum beats more live, I mean some little changes in hat or kick/snare patterns.
dmitry.gubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #34
tnlsl

Hi Aaron,

I checked out your songs and although the style isn't my strong point, there's some nice hooks happening. Reminds me a bit of David Bowie's stuff from couple decades ago.
tnlsl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: