Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #441
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

The building of decks is a really sweet concept. It just seems like there's a lot of stuff you have to know which can be confusing at times. I just want to play mtg when hangin' out drinking with my friends...just to switch things up a bit.
Dimarzio45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #442
eGraham
Logjammin'

Watching other people play is the best way to learn. It's a real pain in the ass to teach someone who has never even seen it lol.

And it's not all that bad. Just remember that context of a card effect is to be taken literally. Like deathtouch, for example. "Any amount of damage is enough to kill a creature"

But if the other creature has Indestructible, it can't take any combat damage. And since no amount of damage is dealt, the deathtouch effect isn't activated. It's things like that.

I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #443
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

I'm gonna watch some youtube videos to attempt to learn how to play it. I remember my friend who gave me a few decks (blue, black, some green) had a tough time getting me to understand how to play it. I guess first though, I gotta find a couple decks to mess around with since I lost mine years ago somehow.
Dimarzio45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #444
stratman_13
little kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I didn't know there was a Mikaeus the Unhallowed. I have the Lunarch version, and that's one of my favorite cards.

Yeah. Unhallowed destroys human creatures if they deal damage to you, has intimidate (he's mono b as Unhallowed), gives all other creatures you control undying

He and Geralf's Mindcrusher get along quite well

EDIT: If you really want to confuse yourself you should learn how player priority works.

But yeah, magic is incredibly literal. Except when cards are shittily worded and then become incredibly convoluted because of the mechanics and how they're worded.

Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

--

Last edited by stratman_13 : 04-26-2014 at 04:23 PM.
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #445
rocker007
Left Blank

Quote:
But yeah, magic is incredibly literal. Except when cards are shittily worded and then become incredibly convoluted because of the mechanics and how they're worded.

Lookin' at you Chains of Mephistopheles

And on the subject of Mikeus the Unhallowed, love that card in my Kaalia of the Vast deck. "You killed my Dragons? Guess again, now they're even worse. [evil cackling goes here]"

Going to the pre-release for the new set tomorrow. Hoping for an Aetheros, but I know how these go for me, and I'll get crap in the tournament and something only halfway good in the prizes.

EDIT: Player Priority is fine, its Layers that make my head hurt. (if you ever want to annoy a judge or give yourself a brain injury, try and work out how Opalescense and Humility interact.

Last edited by rocker007 : 04-26-2014 at 05:08 PM.
rocker007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #446
eGraham
Logjammin'

I really want the red-white god that's coming out.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spo...as-god-victory/

My RW deck cries for more power

I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #447
stratman_13
little kicks

Player priority during combat combined with abilities and the stack still gives me a headache every now and again.

I was going to go to the pre but now I can't . Dumb work

Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #448
rocker007
Left Blank

Had mine today. The person in front of me in the queue got Xenogos the planeswalker and Xenagos the God. My best card was Sage of Hours. In the end, I got one prize pack, with a second Battlefield Thaumaturge. So something good came from it.

Another friend pulled Ajani and the RW God. I was angered- as I need both of these things for various stupid ideas I have.
rocker007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: