Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #2641
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

^Solid suggestion.

So my local sheriff recently started approving SBR's/SBS's and suppressors....

I'm really wanting to do an AK SBR build. An AK-105 (5.56) would just be the tits. Could put one together myself for $900 or so, with the tax stamp. I'm struggling to not sell something and start the process.
Skynyrd890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #2642
sonic_hippy
Can't explain it

Is there still a shortage of .22 ammunition?

Just wondering, I have been thinking about getting into target shooting. Becoming very skilled with small bore before moving up to a m1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanThePotato
if I'm not constantly stimulated by bloody action and big boobys i lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I lost my mum at the zoo, she turned up in the great ape house. She really grew out her mustache.
sonic_hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #2643
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

It's coming back some locally, and online. Still not easy as going to the store and knowing it'll be there. Also not quite as cheap.

I stocked up on this for a few months before the shortage at $14/box. I wouldn't be terribly bothered at $30/box, it's still good .22 ammo.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...325rd-am22.html

Last edited by Skynyrd890 : 09-21-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #2644
sonic_hippy
Can't explain it

Thanks mate.

I cant believe how much ammunition has increased in price. IIRC .22 was about 4.99 for a box of 50 around 3 years ago. Oh how times have changed.

Also soon I'm "building" a range in the low area of my (parents) property. I'll post pics when I get it cleared. Hopefully I will get around 100 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanThePotato
if I'm not constantly stimulated by bloody action and big boobys i lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I lost my mum at the zoo, she turned up in the great ape house. She really grew out her mustache.
sonic_hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #2645
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

It's crazy... and annoying.

But sounds cool on the range! My family just bought 15 acres, closing on the 9th... Going to be setting up a range there, hopefully with some decent steel targets. It'll be so nice to not have to worry about fudds shooting me.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #2646
Wisthekiller
UG's Nigel Tufnel

sonic_hippy. You are totally jacking my avatar swag.

Upright fretted electric bass build!
Wisthekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #2647
Somekid94
Dingus

Hey guys, my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I was going to get her some arrows for her bow. Its a Barnett Phoenix youth recurve, its a pretty nice plastic bow with a 25 pound draw. Its just for target practice, but the arrows it came with really suck. I'd like to get her something more accurate than the garbage fiberglass ones that it came with.

What are some arrows that you guys recommend that I get, weight wise? I know what material (aluminum) and what type of points to get, I'm just unsure about weight. Thanks!
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #2648
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Hey guys, my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I was going to get her some arrows for her bow. Its a Barnett Phoenix youth recurve, its a pretty nice plastic bow with a 25 pound draw. Its just for target practice, but the arrows it came with really suck. I'd like to get her something more accurate than the garbage fiberglass ones that it came with.

What are some arrows that you guys recommend that I get, weight wise? I know what material (aluminum) and what type of points to get, I'm just unsure about weight. Thanks!

Easton XX75 Jazz 1516's should work fine at a reasonable price.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #2649
Wisthekiller
UG's Nigel Tufnel

Due to how rough I am with arrows, I have to say carbon fiber would beat aluminum in most cases. But, Easton is correct on brand.

Upright fretted electric bass build!
Wisthekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #2650
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

This is conveniently relevant to me. I got my first bow today. It's a Bear Kodiak (compound... I guess it's discontinued, because their site shows a nice looking recurve under the Kodiak name). Bought it off a friend of a friend for $75 with 5 arrows, a hard case, and the quiver. From what I've seen, the bow itself is worth about $60-$85, so I'd say I did okay for a handful of arrows and a case on top of that... Figure if I really like bow hunting, I can always flip this and buy something newer, but I don't see a big reason to right now.

First ever shots with a bow at 12 yards... Not bad, I say:

Rate This Thread: