Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
nutinpwnsgibson

problem with garageband

so i recently got a macbook, and its great, and i like garageband. theres one issue im having though. this is that you can only have one time signature throughout a song, but a lot of songs im doing are pretty simple except for some short parts in 5/8, or 7/4 etc. when i make the drum tracks, this totally throws everything off, and because of this all i can do is turn the metronome off and try to ignore the measure separations in the tracks. usually, i would solve this by setting the signature to 1/4, but the only selections are 2/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, and 12/8. btw i make my drums mostly in tuxguitar (guitarpro copy) then turn that into a midi file and put it in a garageband track that is using the virtual drums. so if anyone has any suggestions of what i should do to get around this, please post, thanks

tl;dr: how do you get around garageband only being able to use one time signature per song, when using 1/4 isnt an option

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
nutinpwnsgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
AlphaGhost

Cant believe no one answered this or not. The only way i've actually been able to get something to do the multiple time signatures and such was with ProTools, or Logic Pro. Unfortunately those are not free, but they are powerful in helping you create sounds, and complex musical creations.

I myself use TuxGuitars when i come up with a guitar part, cause i dont remember all the notes on the fret board, so to jot down my chords and such. Then I use the staff notation and plug it into Garageband. I havent had good luck with exporting/importing MIDI's between the two. When i actually want to make a drum track i use Garageband, but i havent got to giant complex parts yet.

Fender Frontman 15G Amp

BOSS
CS-3
SD-1
DS-1
DD-3
AlphaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: