Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Renato L

Peavey Tour TKO 115 vs. Behringer BXL3000A Ultrabass

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on buy a new bass amp for pratice and small / medium gigs.
Up to now, my choices were Peavey Tour TKO 115 and Behringer BXL3000A Ultrabass, because they seemed to me like very good amps (despite the two being too heavy).
The problem is I'm stucked in indecision on which to buy! I can't decide which of them has a better quality/price relationship...
Here are some links to them:
Peavey Tour TKO 115 - http://www.thomann.de/pt/peavey_tour_tko_115.htm
Behringer BXL3000A Ultrabass - http://www.thomann.de/pt/behringer_bxl3000a_ultrabass.htm

On the one hand, BXL3000A has more features, two channels and is more lighter, but on the other Peavey has more power, is more reliable, more durable and last a lifetime (summarizing, is a more trustable buy).

I'm portuguese, and the amps will cost to me:
Peavey Tour TKO 115 - 266euros
Behringer BXL3000A Ultrabass - 269euros

Can you please give me your opinion on which to buy? Which of them have the better quality/price relationship?
Thanks in advance!
Renato L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
dark Mass
邪魔よ&

Get the Peavey since it has better reliability and will last a quite a bit longer than the Mehringer.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
NoTreble

Well, behringer isn't quite known for it's "quality", it has more features and power, but i would still go for the peavey.
NoTreble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Spanner93

Get the Peavey, it does less, but everything that it does do, it does better. All the additional features on the Behringer are available as pedals (compressor etc.) which would do the job better anyway.

I own a TKO115 and tbh it is by far the best amp in that price range, it has a nice transparent sound which can be modified easily with some pedals or the on-board eq.
Spanner93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
anarkee
oh the horror!

Peavey hands down. It will be more reliable in the long run. They are solidly built and will last far longer than the Behringer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter_101
Don't you mean "Why do we alcoholics keep taking about bass?"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHWok-9xhc Yup.
anarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
Renato L

Thanks for the replys!

Have any of you had experience with the Behringer BXL3000A? We all know the "great quality" of the average Behringer equipement, but in this case I hear some people saying that this amp has actually good quality, that it can can last quite a few years... But then again, others don't, some just say it has the typical quality of Behringer. And that puts me confused and with many doubts... If it wasn't for the Behringer bad reputation, I will buy the Behringer (although this Peavey seems to me a very good amp), because of the aluminium cone, the tone and the two channels... But I kept being suspicious about Behringer, and I have almost full confidence in Peavey equipement.
Renato L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Spanner93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato L
Thanks for the replys!

Have any of you had experience with the Behringer BXL3000A? We all know the "great quality" of the average Behringer equipement, but in this case I hear some people saying that this amp has actually good quality, that it can can last quite a few years... But then again, others don't, some just say it has the typical quality of Behringer. And that puts me confused and with many doubts... If it wasn't for the Behringer bad reputation, I will buy the Behringer (although this Peavey seems to me a very good amp), because of the aluminium cone, the tone and the two channels... But I kept being suspicious about Behringer, and I have almost full confidence in Peavey equipement.

We used to have one at uni, it sounded like a donkey being hit with a spanner. That said, that issue could be more linked to durability (500 arts-students) than it's actual sound quality.

If by 2 channels you mean active/passive, the TKO has that too, and a functional effects loop.

Long story short, just ignore the Behringer, it most probably sucks.
Spanner93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
Tostitos
Barely Awake

I wouldn't touch the Behringer with a 10 foot pole. Maybe a 20 foot pole since I'm pretty sure that'd be outside the blast radius.

Get the Peavey, don't look back.

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #9
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tostitos
I wouldn't touch the Behringer with a 10 foot pole. Maybe a 20 foot pole since I'm pretty sure that'd be outside the blast radius.

Yes, but the toxic fumes from the inevitable fire will kill you at a much greater range than 20 feet.

If you get a Behringer, stock up on fire insurance and fire extinguishers. You will need them both - soon! As others have said, avoid Behringer like the bubonic plague and get the Peavey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: