Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
jonathan.keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
of course it's not identical - the notation you've given isn't correct, and the notation i gave is, so how could they be identical?

the sound he's given is not in 11/8 (and i highly doubt you've ever had experience playing in 11/8, because people like you like to throw around fancy names and numbers to make yourselves seem knowledgeable, when you have no idea what the hell you're talking about). if you really don't believe me, pop open a program and throw your notation into it, and then compare it to the sound TS gave. you can come back and argue with me only after you've done that.

don't </thread> someone with more experience than you. not only do i take it as an insult, but you're left with incorrect and insufficient knowledge on the topic. i'm not going to get upset about it - just giving you some advice that will benefit you.

well i was pretty offended by that. All i was trying to do was to help someone. i gave my suggestion of increasing the note length be 50% and getting rid of the triplet problem that meant he could not complete a bar (i effectively put it into compound time). and then you came in all insults flying left right and center. when i said identical, i did not mean the notation, i meant the sound coming when you played it. you just started guessing things about me; I have played in 11/8, i figured this out on software and i gave a </thread> because i was damn sure that i had it sussed. to be fair, it is not an easy rhythm and i am not sure that TS had it right (he was probably going for what you said), but i answered the question of how to write the rhythm GIVEN easily. i don't want to get into any pointless flame wars over the internet so i will not reply unless you say something too stupid.
sorry for the wall of text, buthurtedness happened.
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
jonathan.keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
Paquijón

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi

This. People could actually count this.
Paquijón is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #23
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan.keeler
well i was pretty offended by that. All i was trying to do was to help someone. i gave my suggestion of increasing the note length be 50% and getting rid of the triplet problem that meant he could not complete a bar (i effectively put it into compound time). and then you came in all insults flying left right and center. when i said identical, i did not mean the notation, i meant the sound coming when you played it. you just started guessing things about me; I have played in 11/8, i figured this out on software and i gave a </thread> because i was damn sure that i had it sussed. to be fair, it is not an easy rhythm and i am not sure that TS had it right (he was probably going for what you said), but i answered the question of how to write the rhythm GIVEN easily. i don't want to get into any pointless flame wars over the internet so i will not reply unless you say something too stupid.
sorry for the wall of text, buthurtedness happened.

...to be fair, it's an extremely common rhythm (so common that i've heard it a million times but never considered the proper way to notate it), and regardless of how sure you were, you were incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi

yeah, TS, if you ever make your way back to this thread, this is definitely the best and clearest way to notate it. i hadn't considered metric division when i gave you my example earlier. it sounds the same, but to give it to a performer, this version is definitely better.

xbox gamertag: Aeolion
psid: Blackwindsamurai (holy **** i want a shorter one)
AeolianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #24
mardisaaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
...to be fair, it's an extremely common rhythm (so common that i've heard it a million times but never considered the proper way to notate it), and regardless of how sure you were, you were incorrect.

yeah, TS, if you ever make your way back to this thread, this is definitely the best and clearest way to notate it. i hadn't considered metric division when i gave you my example earlier. it sounds the same, but to give it to a performer, this version is definitely better.

Oh, ok! Yes, I see what you guys mean about being easier to count. Thanks for your guy's help!
mardisaaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: