Search:

Old 05-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #20321
Dreadnought
World Ender

sounds like you need to switch it up breh
Old 05-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #20322
Cb4rabid
Scheiße

im just sick and tired of going to the gym an its constantly packed to the bone, no matter what time i go. also bored of training in the gym.

Ive been wanting to do strongman training but the closest gym that does strongman is literally like an hour away
Old 05-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #20323
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

585 deadlift

The meet went pretty good. I hit all 3 deadlift attempts and should have went heavier. I had 605 in me, but I'm happy for my first meet. I missed my second bench attempt of 365 because I went down and was too low on my chest. I got it on my third attempt though
sk8byf8bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #20324
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

heavy front squats are fun
Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #20325
Ablast

Awesome job, man
Ablast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #20326
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Crossed arms on the front squat? Is that just your preference?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:49 PM   #20327
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Not saying it applies to anyone in here, but I definitely work with a few people this article is written about (none of them 'compete' but I just mean the whole loving themself thing and selfies/attitudes etc.) - https://www.t-nation.com/blogs/why-are-you-competing

Also, been easing back into working out since I did my back a month and a bit ago and then a week after feeling better caught some flu-like thing I'm just getting over. On Fri and then today I decided to do a workout mostly consisting of sets of as many pullups as I could do in a set, with different grip variations for 8 sets, the idea being nothing too 'heavy' or taxing on my lower back.

Think I'll see how I feel on Wed and maybe ease back into a v light return to 5x5 until Mon, then I'm off to Berlin on the Thurs so probs won't do anything on the Wed and when I return from Berlin can evaluate how I feel (hopefully had no back issues to that point) and then try and return to becoming more than just a beginner

Edit: Also, nice vids sk8byf8bob
Old 05-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #20328
Dreadnought
World Ender

I blasted tits today

more to follow
Old 05-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #20329
skylerjames13
Dude

Barely been able to get onto UG lately cause of personal issues and situations but I've definitely fallen out of the normal rhythm of exercising. I don't do a whole lot of weights anymore because I don't have access to them, besides a few. I mostly do push ups, sit ups and other body weight exercises as well as using an elliptical and a couple dumbells. Still exercising, just not as faithfully as I was before

I've been going through a lot of "soul-searching" and many other tragedies lately, while a few good things have happened too...

anyways, I'm going to be pursuing a career in the RCMP so I'm really going to have to get my shit together and get fit, physically and mentally, so that when I apply and do the tests, I'm ready.

I also have to change my lifestyle. I have to be disciplined. Organized. Productive, all of those things.

It's a change that I need to do with my life. I need somewhere to go. Something to look forward to, and something to work for, I need a goal.

And this is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
"Obi-Wan getting hot on Hoth"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Obi Wang and his new apprentice, Phil McAvity.
skylerjames13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #20330
TheChaz
UG Newbie

Got a great pump today on leg day

Worked up on squats doing a double at 275 and a single at 285. My knee still bothers me on squats.

Leg press 270 for 12, 360 for 10, 450 for 5, 540 for 5, then did a drop set down back to the 270 for 12.

Moved on to supersets of leg extensions and ham curls, then double drop sets on standing calf raises. Capped it off with three sets of farmer walks with 90# DBs.

The ipamorelin/Mod GRF stack is starting to really lean me out quick. I'm starting to get my defined 6 pack back which is nice. Haven't put on much size, but I haven't been eating high calorie either.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #20331
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Crossed arms on the front squat? Is that just your preference?

When I go heavy on front squats, I do crossed arm or wear my wrist wraps so I dont mess up my wrists. Didnt have my wraps that day.

I use these wraps: http://www.ironrebel.com/outlaw-24-inch-wrist-wraps/

By far the most support out of any that I've tried. You can get them crazy tight and are strong enough to be knee wraps lol
Old 05-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #20332
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Finally gonna go to a chiropractor about my back, not being able to squat or deadlift heavy is really getting to me.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #20333
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

me and a couple of the guys I train with
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #20334
Ablast

I've been getting weak since I started dieting. I can barely manage a 225 squat for a few reps.
Old Today, 01:04 PM   #20335
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablast
I've been getting weak since I started dieting. I can barely manage a 225 squat for a few reps.

how low are your carbs and how long have you been dieting?? and what were you squatting before??
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #20336
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8byf8bob
how low are your carbs and how long have you been dieting?? and what were you squatting before??

Carbs are at 1g per kg, and I've been dieting since April, my squat then was 255lbs but I don't typically train my 1RM that often. I just felt particularly good that day so I tried it out, buut prior to dieting I knew I could manage 165lbs on the bench for 12+ reps and I could squat 225 for 8; back on Tuesday I only managed 3 and I felt like crumbling afterwards. But I have lost about 15lbs, which I'm more than happy about.
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #20337
Dreadnought
World Ender

Yo u take hella videos, bob
Old Today, 06:32 PM   #20338
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Gonna see a chiropractor tomorrow for my back, hope they can figure out whats up and how to fix it.

Rate This Thread: