Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
RockAddict311
RockAddict311

Issue with humbuckers and MXR phase 90 cleans?

So word on the street is due to some type of low input threshold, the phase 90 (block text, not script) doesn't work well with humbuckers on cleans (i.e., it gives some dirt).

Is this still an issue? I have a single coil guitar, but it would be a shame to not be able to hit cleans with my LP. I was also considering the phase 100.

Does the phase 100 also have this issue? I am currently out of the way from any large music stores that would be able to provide testing.
RockAddict311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Bob_Smith
Mortified

I run the van halen edition of the phase 90 but it largely is the same for all intents and purposes. I use it pretty much exclusively with buckers and have had no issue with it. If you are that worried about it then the phase 100 might be able to alleviate some of that, but in that case I would just suggest you take a look at the tc electronic equivalent (name of it escapes me at the moment) or perhaps the red witch, I think moon phaser? The tc is in a relatively comparable price range though im not 100% sure about the red witch
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Boogie Throttle Box?
Bob_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Slap-happy

Never had that problem, most of my guitars have humbuckers and I've had a Phase 90 for ages, play it clean and dirty and it's always been fine.

Rate This Thread: