Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #21
RonaldPoe

US

Thanks for the advice, now I should learn different positions for E minor. Anyway I wanted to transcribe that video, not the original.
RonaldPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
Usernames sucks

Iits clearly cmaj. The progression ends with the dominant chord (5th in the scale), wich resolves to c.
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernames sucks
Iits clearly cmaj. The progression ends with the dominant chord (5th in the scale), wich resolves to c.

In the progression that TS wrote in the question title, yes it is obviously a I-vi-IV-V prog. in C maj. But in the video embedded is a i-III-IV prog. in Em, then it modulates.
TS said that he/she wanted to solo over that song, so i was saying that using C major was not the scale to use (His/her guitar teacher said that the song was a I-vi-IV-V in Cmaj - i don't understand how the teacher got that...)
I must admit that for the first few of my posts I sounded like a complete and utter ****ing moron
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #24
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
TS said that he/she wanted to solo over that song, so i was saying that using C major was not the scale to use (His/her guitar teacher said that the song was a I-vi-IV-V in Cmaj - i

I'm gonna take stab in the dark and guess that...

Ronald is a "he".
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
RonaldPoe

One more question before I move on; How would one solo over/transcribe the One Million Note Remix of Bad Apple found here with scales

Or maybe Un Owen was Her (1million note remix), same question.

Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited by RonaldPoe : 01-01-2013 at 06:07 PM.
RonaldPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #26
NickBech

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldPoe
Thanks for the advice, now I should learn different positions for E minor. Anyway I wanted to transcribe that video, not the original.

E minor is just the positions for A minor pushed 5 frets up the fretboard. (Fret 5 in A -> Fret 0 in E) And the same goes for any other scale, just move it around according the intervals from scales you already know.

Also, remember that 3 semitones up from the minor root, you'll find the parallel major. This means that if you're playing a song in G major, you can use the notes of the E minor scale. (And C major for A minor, and so on...) Only you'll find it more natural to revolve your melodies around G, instead of E.

Rate This Thread: