Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #61
Minkaro
Banned

Well now I've lost interest. Half the fun of the 2012 film was hearing the big name actors singing.
Minkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #62
Sampy

I actually already knew Hugh Jackman could sing. The first thing I ever saw him in was a production of Oklahoma! that I have on DVD. For me it was less "Wolverine is singing!" and more "Curly is Wolverine?!"
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #63
theguitarist
I closed your thread.

I liked everything about the film except for the plot. It was all over the place and couldn't make it's mind up if it was a love story or a drama or whatever and at the end I was thinking 'what was the the point of all of that'

Also, the plot was really melodramatic due to there being little build up of the characters. Like Crowe and Jackman rarely encountering each other and getting on with their lives, then out of nowhere they're mortal enemies. Or with those kid's falling in love after seeing each other briefly, twice, barely talking and now Jackman is going to go risk his ass for the guy. Then there was Jackman getting guilt tripped over the death of a women he only really interacted with for a few hours. I know she was at his factory but he didn't notice her there.

btw, just why did those women want her to leave the factory? I could only guess that they were just being bitchy. I thought it might be because they were jealous the manager guy liked her but that seemed pretty stupid.

There's other stuff that bothered me, but I just let it go and enjoyed the songs and scenery. However, if they filled in all the blanks with the necessary extra scenes, there would have been like another hour on the running time.

Never seen it on stage btw.

O__o

Goodbye and Good Luck
theguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #64
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarist
Then there was Jackman getting guilt tripped over the death of a women he only really interacted with for a few hours. I know she was at his factory but he didn't notice her there.

*I think* He realised that she was kicked out of his factory and if he would have paid more attention she wouldn't be in this spot

Quote:
btw, just why did those women want her to leave the factory? I could only guess that they were just being bitchy. I thought it was because they were jealous the manager guy liked her but that seemed pretty stupid.

*I think* Being bitchy, also something to do with having a child out of wedlock??[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
You really are the worst kind of person.
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #65
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
master of the house is a great tune

#seinfeld #costanza #elainesdad

3 favourite ones:

At The End Of The Day
Master Of The House
One Day More

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
You really are the worst kind of person.
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #66
WaterGod
SEC *****es!!!!!

It's about France. You should be ashamed.
WaterGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #67
Sampy

The version of 'Do You Hear the People Sing?' in the film is awesome, the way it builds up. It makes me want to be French and rise up against an oppressive government.

Rate This Thread: