User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #4181
sebastian_96
I spared no expense

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Donkey
Granted I haven't played the story mode in a long time, but I don't remember them being co-operative to the extent that everyone must play their own part to succeed.

Well, that would be because that's single-player
I'd imagine they'll play out a little differently in Online than they did in the story mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Donkey
Also some elements such as one person doing the hacking would be annoying as hell online if someone can't do it. Also, unless Rockstar bring out new heists, I can see the current ones getting boring fast.

Don't mean to sound like a negative nancy, I'm still genuinely looking forward to them. Just my observations that it won't be a game changer like a lot of people seem to think.

Well true, but then if the hacker screws up you give him less of the overall cut (if that's the way Rockstar plan on doing it). I don't know, I'd imagine Rockstar are on top of stuff like that, hence why they are taking so long to develop.

And I'd also imagine that you can't just replay heists over and over again. They'll be difficult missions with big payoffs and once you complete it you'll have to "lay low" for a while, effectively having a cooldown period for the heists so you're not just doing over and over until you have ridiculous amounts of money. That's my theory anyway, so that'll at least slow down how boring they get.

I've also heard on the rumor mill that JP (job points) might have something to do with accessing heists. As of now, I'm fairly certain JP are completely pointless, so it would make sense that you may have to have a certain amount of JP before starting a heist. Time will tell, I guess.
sebastian_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #4182
sebastian_96
I spared no expense

Now let me just say, if there isn't any decent beards in the new-gen GTA Online, I'm going to lose my shit. I wanna big, bushy gnarly beard like Trevor is able to get!

I expect Rockstar to delay the release is necessary, stop working on heists and single player DLC and give me BEARDS!

EDIT: Oh, sorry for the double post...I may be a little intoxicated.
Is double posting even a thing anymore? I dunno, been too long since I was regular here.
*sheds tear for times gone by*

Last edited by sebastian_96 : 11-14-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #4183
King Donkey
hai

I think the mods just don't go apeshit over it anymore and no one really cares.

I too am intoxicated.

King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #4184
SMH07
Haters, dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_96

Oh the optimism that is gamers!:

"Where are my heists?"
"I can't believe heists aren't out yet!"
"More like Cockstar amirite?"

*Heists will be the next update after new-gen launch*

"...Heists are crap"

I for one, am looking forward to see what they are doing with them. If they can put so much effort into a first-person mode, it'll be interesting to see how much effort went into heists. Bring it on!

I was never that bothered about them in the first place really. They'll be fun, but no doubt Rockstar will make it so they pay out like 10k. Hopefully I'm wrong, but whatever. Probably gonna buy it on next gen anyway.
SMH07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #4185
Nelshizzle
Im toast with a jelly jam

Watch them not come out on release date.
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #4186
SMH07
Haters, dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelshizzle

I don't think they are anyway. Thought it said the next update after the new-gen release?
SMH07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #4187
sebastian_96
I spared no expense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelshizzle

Yeah, they aren't slated for release date. It's the first update after the release, which leads me to believe maybe around Feb - March at the earliest, if they wanna wait for the PC release.

Some people are optimistically thinking earlier, but come on, let's not get ahead of ourselves...it's heists we're talking about.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #4188
Jyrgen
Used Register

Yeah as long as there's no concrete date I'm skeptical.
Jyrgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #4189
sebastian_96
I spared no expense

"...Our records show 7 GTA Online players in the Vatican City State, and 1 player in Antarctica who we are guessing is someone taking a break from work at the South Pole Research Station to escape to Los Santos for a bit!" - Rockstar

Just imagining Pope Francis and friends playing GTA Online together, griefing noobs and sticking up liquor stores
And that one guy playing in Antarctica, never lonely when you have GTA
Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #4190
Cardbored

Wow getting ran over in first person looks legit.

edit: buncha gifs and new songs 'ere
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933946

Last edited by Cardbored : 11-17-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Cardbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #4191
Way Cool JR.
The 'L80s Man.

It's cool to see the Stallion is making a comeback (I can't figure out how to post the animated GIF image) http://fat.gfycat.com/NiftyWastefulGrouper.webm. I just hope the top is functional and not stuck open all the time. It's also cool the Duke's is making a comeback, I just hope it handles way better than ever before, the handling just ruins that car for me. I still won't be happy until they bring the Willard Faction (Buick Grand National) back, It's my favorite car ever in the GTA series.

Last edited by Way Cool JR. : 11-17-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Way Cool JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #4192
Wormholes
Banned

This game looks absolutely beautiful. And it's so weird playing GTA in first person. There's problems transferring characters so I decided to just start fresh(but will transfer for the exclusives). Got my 800k, an apartment, and the very first car I saw was a sultan so there's my new starter. Though I did skip the campaign and don't think I can even do a mission until level 2(or is it 5 idr). Only downside in online so far is there's also an issue with sessions so you either get put in one with yourself or just one or two people.

Last edited by Wormholes : 11-18-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #4193
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Just picked up my copy for my PS4 on my lunch break, can't wait to get stuck in tonight!

Add me on PSN - Carpi-UG
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #4194
Jehannum
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
This game looks absolutely beautiful. And it's so weird playing GTA in first person. There's problems transferring characters so I decided to just start fresh(but will transfer for the exclusives). Got my 800k, an apartment, and the very first car I saw was a sultan so there's my new starter. Though I did skip the campaign and don't think I can even do a mission until level 2(or is it 5 idr). Only downside in online so far is there's also an issue with sessions so you either get put in one with yourself or just one or two people.

What are the transfer issues? Debating whether to do it tonight when I get home, or leave it until inevitable problems are fixed.

I think I'll just play through single player again, rather than attempt the transfer of my multiplayer guy. I would not want to start from scratch again.
Jehannum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #4195
Wormholes
Banned

For some people its saying theres no data to be found when they login on social club in game. And some people are not getting their cars/houses/money transferred over if it does work.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:21 AM   #4196
stratkat
IWTCIRD

Got moved over and played a few round on PS4.

my psn is stratkat and I'ma be on quite a bit in the next few weeks.
stratkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #4197
Wormholes
Banned

Stupid question probably but can you gift people money? And people that aren't signed on when you are? I guess character transfer is working, but the warnings when doing so make it seem like if I decide to transfer my 360 guy, the one I created yesterday will be deleted but the money I have from it will transfer over. I already redeemed my 800k but I really want to start fresh. So would it be possible to transfer and have the 800k on my 360 guy. Then created another character and gift him all my money?

Also I'm more confused because a message did pop up saying thanks for being a return player and something about the content. So I don't know if I got it by just logging onto social club in game or not.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #4198
Trowzaa
phoot

I think you'd have to be in the same game as the guy you're giving it to and doing it through inventory, don't think you can just pop a name in and give them it.
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #4199
Wormholes
Banned

/edit nvm turns out I did get the stuff.

Also just seen someone ran 484, guessing lots of glitching.

Last edited by Wormholes : 11-19-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #4200
King Donkey
hai

Managed to transfer my progress but I think there's an issue for PS4 players where you can't receive the preorder cash for online when purchased digitally. Just sent Rockstar an email about it. Honestly I'm impressed with their customer service so far, they were pretty quick to patch the transfer issue.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: