Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
zilant

Acoustic with a cutaway?

Hey guys.
Just got a quick question. I'm looking for a particular type of acoustic. I'm not really familiar with acoustics and I'm looking for one with a cutaway that allows substantial fret access. Relatively cheap too. Like $200-300 range, not cheap quality.

Is there anything like this?
zilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
supersac

i have an ibanez electric acoustic that i gto for abot 300 bucks its has a nice cutaway and i have no porblems reachign the highest of frets and ive used it to gig for about 3 years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilant
Hey guys.
Just got a quick question. I'm looking for a particular type of acoustic. I'm not really familiar with acoustics and I'm looking for one with a cutaway that allows substantial fret access. Relatively cheap too. Like $200-300 range, not cheap quality.

Is there anything like this?

I'm going to be honest with you when I say that cutaways are generally expensive things to do to a guitar. Because of that, these manufacturers take from the wood/hardward to balance the costs and not leave you with an expensive guitar.

Because of that $200-300 and a cutaway severely limits your choices without going 'cheap quality'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
NHECOS
UG Senior Member

Check out something like my acoustic... it's in your price range and it has a really nice tone... it's the Fender CD 140 SCE. Mine is in Natural wood color.
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
BOSS ME-70 -->
LINE 6 Pod Studio UX1
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
YAMAHA THR 10 -->
MILF Tease
NHECOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
zilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
I'm going to be honest with you when I say that cutaways are generally expensive things to do to a guitar. Because of that, these manufacturers take from the wood/hardward to balance the costs and not leave you with an expensive guitar.

Because of that $200-300 and a cutaway severely limits your choices without going 'cheap quality'

I wasn't looking for very high quality, I just don't want something that's going to play like utter crap
zilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
stepchildusmc

tough one. most of the cutaways are electric/acoustic which drive up the price. do you plan on plugging in? i'd recommend the elec/acou route anyway. a small amp with some reverb or chorus can really wake it up and cover many shortcomings a cheaper one has unplugged. in that price range, to find anything halfway ok, you're gonna hafta go used.
you can find an S6 used for that price if your patient. your local craigslist should have a bunch of candidates( usually asking too much on CL though... everyone thinks their crap is gold) if your not too picky, find some candidates on Ebay, check the reviews, buy one from a good seller with a return policy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ovation-CC2...=item19d6a0205a
something like this.. also a cheap Cort from the same seller. very trusted seller, bought a few from her and she really stands behind her stuff.

Last edited by stepchildusmc : 11-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
musidore
Addicted User of the Muse

The Perfect guitar with substantial fret access, 25.5 scale, cutaway, in the $200-300 dollar range and has a great sound unplugged and live performances is the Epiphone PR5-E. They are on ebay most are about $240. I seen one on a MTV Unplugged concert. Sweet Guitar.
musidore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
TheHobbit

Look at an alvarez: Something along the lines of this but not neccessarily this. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...CFQU5nAod7A8AXQ

TheHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #9
HSB_Shred
Nylon String Sorcerer

I play an Art & Lutherie CW, it cost me about $400 Canadian and was built in Quebec. very solid guitar for the price

http://www.artandlutherieguitars.co...tiqueburst.html
HSB_Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #10
dannyalcatraz

Along with A&L and Seagull, every other acoustic subdivision of Godin- Simon & Partrick, LaPatrie, Norman- is worth a look.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 11-22-2012 at 05:06 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: