Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #22441
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

lol, try and change the oil on just about any german car (even volkswagen). It's harder than you think, a lot of the times the bolt to drain the oil pan is in a weird place, or you can't get enough torque on the oil filter to get it off easily because it's in a really tight space and requires a certain tool. Id rather just pay to have the oil changed on most german cars, but anything else yea id just do it myself. i mean i know you had that 330ci shiny, how was it on that
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #22442
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
What's that car daytripper ?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #22443
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Lord
What's that car daytripper ?

Nissan's Pulsar Nismo concept.

http://jalopnik.com/nissan-pulsar-n...-hat-1641624418

One of the best looking hatchbacks I've seen in a while. Somehow I only just now came across this, but apparently it's been around since October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ<span class="EmojiInput mj229" title="Black Spade Suit ::spades::"></span>
lol, try and change the oil on just about any german car (even volkswagen). It's harder than you think, a lot of the times the bolt to drain the oil pan is in a weird place, or you can't get enough torque on the oil filter to get it off easily because it's in a really tight space and requires a certain tool. Id rather just pay to have the oil changed on most german cars, but anything else yea id just do it myself. i mean i know you had that 330ci shiny, how was it on that

My old Nissan NX2000 had a filter that was an absolute pain in the ass to remove. You could barely get the wrench in there to loosen and remove the filter. No idea what they were thinking.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #22444
Jackintehbox
Banana in the street

The drain plug threads on my E30's aluminum oil pan have been stripped since I've had the car, presumably from overtightening. Which means it drips oil slowly while running, and I'm either going to have buy a new (used) oil pan off ebay or re-thread my current one. I would never let anyone near my precious aluminum unless I could personally sit there and watch them use a torque wrench.
Jackintehbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #22445
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Biggish pic but I got paid to detail my friends WRX today and it turned out so nice I had to share
show

That hatchback does look pretty neat, I wonder what it looks like next to the new Civic Type Rice.
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #22446
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Civic R looks goofy, even if it performs pretty well.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #22447
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

speaking of the Pulsar, the old Pulsar GT-R was such a ****ing cool little car. A neighbour has one, right hand drive and everything. It boggles my mind that they were 227hp and AWD at that time. Given that it was a specially tuned version of the SR20det, i think it could've very, very easily made more power. Imagine this thing with like 330hp and AWD. Bananas. Such a cool ****ing car.

Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #22448
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
i mean i know you had that 330ci shiny, how was it on that

couldn't tell you, never actually changed the oil on it myself for pretty much that very exact reason

to be fair, in its life with me it only had about 2 or 3 changes, I didn't own it very long

I did try to get to it once, and discovered that the oil filter housing cover requires a special tool (or a big ass crescent wrench, but I couldn't get enough torque on it to get it off so I gave up). like, its location is dead simple, right on top of the engine, I just couldn't get it off with the tools that I had, I was scared to strip it. and the drain plug was ****ing impossible to get to without having the car in the air, so I just let the shops handle it.

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides : Today at 01:01 AM.
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: