Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
Tim-Blink182

Looking for a cab

So i've just ordered a new JCA50H head, and i'm looking for a 2x12 cabinet to go with it that's under $400. I've been looking at maybe getting the Harley Benton G212 Vintage, is that a good option?
Tim-Blink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Carl21221

I have the Harley Benton you mentioned and it's a very good cab for the money! I would suggest getting something more sturdy if you are going to be gigging alot or touring. Mine is getting quite beaten up compared to the other guitarist in my band that has an orange cab.
Roland Cube 30X
Carl21221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
red.guitar
Imagine All The People

I own a JCA50H and have tired it with a few differnet types of speakers.

I usually run it through a mesa 212 with one V30 and one Cannabis Rex. This is a great speaker combo for this amp, IMO. The C-rex smoothes out the top end, and adds as heavy bottom end, while the V30 covers the mids.

I also have a randall cab that has 2 eminence 212 legends on top, and a 115 legend on bottom. This cab works great with this amp. It really tames the amps trabel.

If you want to get an idea of what this thing will sound like with V30's, you can follow the link to my bands page in my sig, and listen to the song "two sides". I recorded that with the JCA50H going through a mesa 412, and a JCA20H going through a mesa 212.
Snake Pit Les Paul
MIM Fender Tele

Amps:
Jet City JCA 50H
Vox AC30CCH
Mesa Boogie 212
Randall 212+115

Last edited by red.guitar : 02-03-2013 at 08:47 AM.
red.guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

yep

i prefer eminence v12s but (broken-in) v30s are definitely one of the better options with the jet city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
red.guitar
Imagine All The People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
yep

i prefer eminence v12s but (broken-in) v30s are definitely one of the better options with the jet city.

Thats a good point, Dave.

I wasen't really digging the tone I was getting from my mesa (when it still had the 2 V30's) but I ran my laptop though the cab a couple of days, like 16hrs total, and it the difference was amazing, once the speakers were broken in a little more!

I'm still a huge fan of the c-rex, V30 combo with this amp. The two speakers really compliment each other well.

I ran my JCA through my randall cab with my mesa as well a couple of times. So the head was going through 212 legends, 115 legend, 112 V30, and 112 C-rex. I usually try to avoid mixing more then 2 different speakers at once, but I got to say, the amp just rocked these cabs!! The 115 goes a long way with this head. I find the JCA to be really treblie.

Normally when I do local gigs, or practice, I just bring mt mesa, but I think when I tour this summer, I might bring both cabs. It makes the amp sound great, and I look like a total badass on stage
Snake Pit Les Paul
MIM Fender Tele

Amps:
Jet City JCA 50H
Vox AC30CCH
Mesa Boogie 212
Randall 212+115

Last edited by red.guitar : 02-03-2013 at 04:27 PM.
red.guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ yeah that's another good point- since the v30 combines well with so many different things (i haven't tried the CR, but it combines well with a g12t75, classic lead and g12h30, probably others i haven't tried too like the g12k100) even if you don't like the stock sound of two v30s you have not-too-expensive options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: