Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Aidy Damage
Somewhat Damaged

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Woah, it's been some years since I came here! I was in my late teens when I last posted; I'm 23 and married now...

Anyone else been completely blown away by Push The Sky Away? Probably Nick's best in over a decade!

Jubilee Street

Oh, and if you're new to him, I recommend starting here:

Stagger Lee

Deanna

From Her To Eternity (live)
Aidy Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Another member returning from ages ago - I remember you from the first time round!

You're completely right about Push The Sky Away. It's totally unlike anything he's ever done before, definitely his most personal and observational album to date lyrically and a completely new Bad Seeds sound - seems he got his rock mid-life crisis out the way with Dig Lazarus Dig and the two Grinderman albums...

Jubilee Street is rapidly becoming my favourite song of his, ever. I'm a sucker for anything that builds up without you really noticing until it hits the climax.

FUZZY FLATPICKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Tombe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah

Have you guys seen the live show where they played the whole album start to finish? it's available online in various places! Absoloutely fantastic, they have a children's choir too!! Beautiful, and a greatest hits set after!
Jubilee street may be my favourite Nick Cave song, but I do adore the Dig! Lazurus album, if only because it introduced me to The Bad Seeds and I got to seem them on that tour! Phenomenal live act
skippy_moogoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: