Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Helmutt165

Question Bugera 333 FS Questions

Hey there people,

I recently found and purchased a Bugera FSB104 foot switch for the 333 I'm currently playing, and noticed the pedal plug is too big for the switch hole. It is precisely the model number said to be compabtible to this amp.

My question: anyone know why it's like this? Or- it doesn't appear to have been refurbished, but could it have been w/ the wrong plug?

And lastly, if seller will not return, is this moddable to the mini/smaller size?

You guys are awesome, thanks!

Helmutt
Helmutt165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Robbgnarly

pics please

Are you sure it is bigger, as far as I know they are all the same style. have you attempted to plug it in the socket on the amp yet?
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
n1ckn1ce
Slight douchebag.

Switch the ends? Maybe your trying to plug the footswitch end in the head and vice versa?

Since when do you fingerpick?

I ran out of picks last night.
n1ckn1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Helmutt165

The footswitch/pedal has a 5-pin plug at the end of its cord to plug into the rear of the amp head. The entrance for the plug (where it says "Footswitch, Use only FSB104,) has the same pattern, but it too small for the plug. So- I'm stumped
Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Helmutt165

Upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmutt165
The footswitch/pedal has a 5-pin plug at the end of its cord to plug into the rear of the amp head. The entrance for the plug (where it says "Footswitch, Use only FSB104,) has the same pattern, but it too small for the plug. So- I'm stumped

It looks like it doesn't even go to it, but it's the precise model number/required switch.

I'M STUMPED

Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Robbgnarly

That is not right, can you send it back? Or get a smaller 5 pin end and swap it out for that one.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Helmutt165

I've finally setup to return it, after some lengthy silence on the opposite end. He only responded after opening a non-responsive case of faulty/incorrect item.

I can't just switch the pin end though, right? Seems it would sacrifice the integrity of the pedal; even so, I wouldn't know how to fix it..
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
GOLDIE93

This may be bumping a dead thread and your issue has probably been addressed already, but I think the problem is that there are a couple of different Bugera foot switches. The one you need for the 333 has the buttons designated as Clean/Crunch/Lead/Fx-Boost.

The one you got I believe would have Clean/Lead/Reverb/FxLoop which goes with a different Bugera amp.

I am trying to track down a replacement one for my 333xl. I tried fixing mine but I can't find the break in the wires. My singer hooked my cable with his foot and yanked something. It still worked but the lights were messed up, and it would cut out if the cord got moved. Not good for live playing so I gave fixing it a shot, now it doesn't work at all.

Hope it worked out for you.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
acesteele

Sorry to be late to this party, but you're not crazy. 4 years ago, my bandmate & I both bought Bugera 333XL's on the same day... Years later, we set them up one day & discovered our footpedals just had 2 different sized footswitch inputs.... I now understand Bugera later switched over to a more USB-like connector.

If anybody finds adaptors , please post.
acesteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Mad-Mike_J83
Offset Infantry Division

I don't have the adapters but I do have a color-coded pinout that I can post that I did myself, I don't have access ATM though.

What the deal is - Bugera has 2 different versions of the 333/333XL that I know about. They are probably losing their "documentation" of the differences on the internet because these are basically mid-priced "budget" amps.

333/333XL (ORIGINAL) - these amps have the smaller mini-din-5 connector on the back (looks like a PS/2 Computer Keyboard connector minus one pin), they also have a blue jewel light for the power and standby. They also don't have the automatic BIAS feature the newer ones have, instead, they have a tiny knob, and an RCA Jack "test port", and switch for 6L6/EL34 to the left of the power tubes facing the back. These use the FSB-104 footswitch which can be quite difficult to find now. I know some company on E-bay sells a replacement for $100, which is ridiculous as it's twice the price of the Bugera FSB-104.

333/333XL (INFINEUM) - This is the second generation of 333XL. They have a larger DIN-5 plug on the back (same as old 80's AT computer Keyboard connectors and MIDI Cables). I think this may have been a sign of intent to make the 333 series footswitchable via MIDI in some way, or at least, allow a more standard cable. They have RED Jewel Lights for power and standby, and automatic BIAS for the Tubes (not sure about the test port and manual adjustment though).

What I did to mine was modify it for a DB-9 Serial-Port Extension cable, and hack-sawed my old FSB-104 footswitch to have the male end attached to that. That way when my cable goes bad (the biggest problem with Bugera's footswitches), I just replace a $15 serial cable and not a $50-100 Footswitch. I can chain several together to get a ridiculously long cable, or scale down to very few for less fuss on stage.
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (Stock)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)

Lead Guitarist for Zombie Jihad
Mad-Mike_J83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
soccerman58

I'd like to jump in here. It's a pretty old thread I know.
Helmut's picture is for the 7-pin version, not 5. AFAIK the 5-pin version switched the 104A which has Clean Lead and Reverb + FX.
The 7-pin version is for an FSB104 (maybe a much later version 333xl - I dunno) to switch Clean CRUNCH and Lead + FX Loop. I have been trying to find a 7-pin FSB104 without success - if anyone has built a 7-pin switch or has a schematic for one, please let me know.
Thanks
Phil
soccerman58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: