Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #2961
Xenoyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Bit late, but congrats on the signing. Very, very cool. Very keen for tabs, but that's cool, I know how much of a bitch THAT can be.

Pretty intrigued to see where the new material goes. You've already established a nice little resevoir of genres and sounds to pull into the songs, so I'm highly interested in where that will lead now that the HUUUUGE wait for POI is over. Maybe an album ever 2 years instead of every.... I wanna say 124 years? It feels like that since I found the demo haha.

No, but seriously, should be a blast.

Thanks man.

The next album should be out mid 2014...we have deadlines now you see....
Xenoyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #2962
Xenoyr

Press release from Season of Mist:
Quote:
NE OBLIVISCARIS' music being studied at Sydney Conservatorium of Music"

Australian metal visionaries NE OBLIVISCARIS have seen their song, "And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope" included in a teaching curriculum at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, one of Australia's most prestigious classical conservatories. The song will undergo a compositional analysis by Professor Matthew Hindson, Chair of Composition at the conservatorium.

Matthew Hindson is a world renowned classical composer whose works have been performed by ensembles and orchestras throughout the world. His recent ballet music, for example, has been presented by such companies as the Birmingham Royal Ballet, the San Francisco Ballet and the National Ballet of Japan.

Professor Hindson commented on the event, saying: "I will be presenting “And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope” to the composition students at the conservatorium next semester as an exemplar in structure, mixing timbres, meters, modes, how to approach virtuosity, sound and noise, extended performance and techniques. The students will need to study 2 technical aspects of what NE OBLIVISCARIS have done in their music, and then use these techniques in their own classical music compositions."

The Professor continues: "It is my pleasure to introduce such high quality music making to our students, alongside other music by composers including Beethoven, Gershwin, Steve Reich and Peter Sculthorpe. Musicians deserve to hear the music of NE OBLIVISCARIS, and the music of many other metal bands, in order to appreciate the compositional complexity that lies within it, no matter what their musical tastes."

Melbourne's NE OBLIVISCARIS stand apart from their peers by infusing metal with avante-garde approaches to jazz, flamenco guitars, and progressive black metal. With adventurous, progressive, and nuanced compositions NE OBLIVISCARIS is a band with profound depth and a musical proficiency at the highest levels. With their first demo 'The Aurora Veil' in 2007, NE OBLIVISCARIS garnered significant word-of-mouth within the metal underground. In 2012, their self produced debut album, 'Portal of I' showcased their unique array of influences and dynamic songwriting, and sent shock waves through the metal underground once again. Met with even more praise, 'Portal of I' made several "Best of 2012" lists (Metal Hammer Germany (January issue), No Clean Singing, Metal Injection)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #2963
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger

^I think it is awesome that NeO's music is being recognized at a Conservatory for the complexity and virtuoustiy of your compositional skills. Congratulations guys! You definitely deserve the recognition! Now, you need to come to the U.S.!
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #2964
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

takethathessians.gif ;p

That's fantastic and I am proud to have bought a copy of the album(which is beautifully packaged, by the way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
Now, you need to come to the U.S.!

seconded!

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #2965
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

That's awesome news but I think they should have used Forget Not instead
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #2966
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

make tabs, gogogo
NosferatuZodd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #2967
Xenoyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferatuZodd09
make tabs, gogogo

Tabs will be available in a few weeks for both guitar and bass.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #2968
Xenoyr

Thank you @The Virtuoso and @Kytokinesis

@Emperor's Child ...I thought that would have been the first choice but I guess the Professor has his reasons.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #2969
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

Massive kudos guys! I am slightly boggled that a metal band like Ne Obliviscaris is being studied at one of the most prestigious tertiary level institutes in my own country. It almost makes me want to drop my dual degree in Engineering/Science to study there (sorry, I love maths too much). I hope this trend is adopted worldwide. Personally my favourite is "As Icicles Fall" for the use of (I think) the Kumoi scale (the violin melodies/arpeggios in the second half, ~7:35) but I think they'll find plenty of compositional value in any piece that NeO has released.

Congrats once again!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #2970
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger

Just have to say, my brother (Bluealtitudes) and I were transcribing "Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise" today and it was loads of fun! We figured out the clean intro, we have somewhat of an idea as to what you all are doing when the distorted riffs come in, and we figured out the hammer-on riff at 4:41 as well as the tremolo picking part soon after. I still can't figure out what chords you all are using for that super awesome rhythm part that starts at like 6:21. You guys really like writing things in 6/8!
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #2971
rg_metal
The Clit Commander

You guys really are impressive. I am glad there are still bands out there looking to do something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
rg_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #2972
GazzaCee
Tyrion is da bomb.

Oh my god, I finally listened to Portal of I today. Holy shitballs, this album is magnificent. I never expected violin to fit so well with this kind of metal, but it does. That moment in OPWBN with the little break with the violin and when everything kicks back in is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

A masterpiece.

No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
GazzaCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #2973
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
Just have to say, my brother (Bluealtitudes) and I were transcribing "Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise" today and it was loads of fun! We figured out the clean intro, we have somewhat of an idea as to what you all are doing when the distorted riffs come in, and we figured out the hammer-on riff at 4:41 as well as the tremolo picking part soon after. I still can't figure out what chords you all are using for that super awesome rhythm part that starts at like 6:21. You guys really like writing things in 6/8!

post it here
NosferatuZodd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #2974
Xenoyr

Thanks again for the support people.

Upcoming shows in the next 2 months:

Friday, 15 November: The Zoo Brisbane 18+
Saturday, 16 November: Metro Theatre Sydney 18+
Sunday, 17 November: The Basement Canberra 18+
Tuesday, 19 November: The Corner Hotel Melbourne 18+
Thursday, 21 November Unibar Adelaide Lic AA

Friday, 1 November - Melbourne
Sunday, 3 November - Brisbane

Friday 13 December @ Corner Hotel, Melbourne
Saturday 14 December @ Factory Theatre, Sydney
Old 11-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #2975
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Got a couple of cheeky Blood Music deliveries today guys!

Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #2976
Xenoyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor's Child
Got a couple of cheeky Blood Music deliveries today guys!

Thanks for the support man.

UPDATE: We're now currently in the studio, drums and bass down…guitars start in a couple of days time.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #2977
~DrEaM ThEaTeR~

Playing with Between the Buried and Me? That's awesome! However, what is way less awesome is the fact you aren't touring in the United States...I've been listening to your material since the Aurora Veil and I waited so long for your debut album. Get your asses to the States already!

Still waiting on tabs for Forget Not as well
~DrEaM ThEaTeR~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #2978
loonyguitarist
howdybums

So... any news on those tabs? Cygnus's new bass video makes me want to play along!
loonyguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: