Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #41
DoTheEvolution
UG's Vegetarian Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti Eci Tehpor
honestly, **** anyone who does not like the Beatles musicianship period

Seconded.

Paul is the reason I picked up bass. I heard the bass playing on Abbey Road and it was a calling.

They may not be the best knowledged musicians, but neither are 90% of the listenable bands are.

The jackoffs who know theory and live by everything taught to them make horribly emotionaless music. It's horrible.

The Beatles had some brilliant things in songs I'm sure they didn't realize they were doing, but they did it.

And it was good.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #42
curiousgeorgia

Every once in a while, I meet someone who just doesn't get the Beatles, or who doesn't even like them. I try to keep an open mind about this, since there are some groups that I simply donít get, either. David Bowie? Yeah, I can understand that. Bob Dylan? Sure. But The Beatles? Come on.

During the week of April 4, 1964, The Beatles occupied the top five positions on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart (12 in the Hot 100), the top 2 positions on the albums chart, the no. 1 position in the British singles chart, the first two positions in the British albums chart and the no. 1 position in the British EP chart, Ė the most complete domination of the British and American charts in history. Today, youíre lucky to have one top 10 album and single at the same time.
curiousgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #43
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmuffin
Musicians who don't like the Beatles don't really like music. They're involved in music more or less to be cool or identify with a specific scene. It's kind of like being a gourmet chef and not liking French cooking. It just doesn't make sense.

OR...or, maybe they just don't like those poppy-sounding rock bands from the 60's? I know, totally off the wall to suggest something outrageous like that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
TheUltimateSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #44
sovaso
All-American Ninja

You're either a Beatles Guy, A Stones Guy, A Hendrix Guy, A Van Halen Guy, A Led Zepplin Guy, a mix, Or you're life is just sad
As for Me, I like the Beatles, and they are Great Musicians, But I am a Hardcore Stones and Van Halen Fan.
When I started to play guitar, I only thought about wanting to play Paint it Black, Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W, Hot For Teacher and Ain't Talkin Bout Love.
But don't get me wrong. The Beatles Rock!

Last edited by sovaso : 05-17-2013 at 08:07 PM.
sovaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovaso
You're either a Beatles Guy, A Stones Guy, A Hendrix Guy, A Van Halen Guy, A Led Zepplin Guy, a mix, Or you're life is just sad
As for Me, I like the Beatles, and they are Great Musicians, But I am a Hardcore Stones and Van Halen Fan.
When I started to play guitar, I only thought about wanting to play Paint it Black, Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W, Hot For Teacher and Ain't Talkin Bout Love.
But don't get me wrong. The Beatles Rock!

I'm just full of all the sads.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #46
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

'Halen brah. Except 5150 is the only album of theirs I like.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #47
BertNJ

I hate it when people try to say that, "Oh the beatles topped the charts for x amount of weeks." Go onto billboard right now and I bet money that shitty artists; Nikki Minaj, Lil' Wayne, Skrillex etc. are on the charts for just as long. And if that's the reasoning between then being the best band ever, floyd would have them beat, I'm pretty sure Dark Side of the Moon was on there for years.

Second, no one in the band was revolutionary with their instruments, sorry but it's true. Without Martin, they would have never done things like discovered distortion. And half the time, Martin made them change their original songs to something he liked. In letters to oko, Lennon stated that he was angry with Martin for this but hey, the guy knew that your material was shit and changed it to something that the masses would like.

Third, how is that the rolling stones always push that Mcartney is one of the greats is beyond me. The guy was mediocre, at best. He could right a melody with the other players or make a nice hook but his guitar playing wasn't revolutionary. Jimmy Page's guitar was revolutionary, NOT Mcartney.

Fourth, the drugs. Songs like SFF or Lucy in the sky with diamonds etc... are obnoxious, so much that it makes me dislike the rest of the songs knowing that they wrote them. They are so over produced it's disgusting.

"They were so Revolutionary for music," this statement makes me laugh. So you mean to tell me that without the beatles, Zepplin wouldn't have done their thing? Or deep purple? As a matter of fact, Sabbath was forming a "Hard Blues Rock" band around the same time as the beatles. It makes no sense to say that the beatles had inspiration to deeper music rather than just bullshit, white noise you hear on the radio.

I like a few songs by them, but they were just a fad band. They were the first boy band out there so of course they would gain global recognition.

Last edited by BertNJ : 05-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.
BertNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: