Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #1181
sciamwow

I've been playing guitar for a while now and my little brother wants me to teach him. I have an old Squier Sp-1 sitting in my closet with no bridge pins or strings. I tried to put an extra set of bridge pins in, but they wouldn't fit (they're too big). The guitar is 3/4 size. Does anyone know how I can find pins that fit? Preferably on guitarcenter.com, if possible
Thanks in advance!
(Also, if you have a specific URL with bridge pins that you KNOW would fit, please share!)
sciamwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #1182
Captaincranky

That depends on what the origin of the pins you have is. Ibanez "advantage" bridge pins have a straight shank, and won't go into an old fashioned tapered pin hole. Several other makers, (at least Crafter), has/have followed suit.

Are the pins you have tapered? How far do they go into the hole?

I have a "George's Music in my area. They have a junk box of bridge saddles, etc. that won't fit anything current, that could be your salvation.

If not, go the extra mile for the kid, break out the sandpaper, wrap it around a pin, and start twisting...

I suppose you could hit Squier/Fender's site for the parts. If they have them, be prepared to pay through the nose.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 08-18-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #1183
sciamwow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincranky
That depends on what the origin of the pins you have is. Ibanez "advantage" bridge pins have a straight shank, and won't go into an old fashioned tapered pin hole. Several other makers, (at least Crafter), has/have followed suit.

Are the pins you have tapered? How far do they go into the hole?

I have a "George's Music in my area. They have a junk box of bridge saddles, etc. that won't fit anything current, that could be your salvation.

If not, go the extra mile for the kid, break out the sandpaper, wrap it around a pin, and start twisting...

I suppose you could hit Squier/Fender's site for the parts. If they have them, be prepared to pay through the nose.

I actually managed to just wedge in the pins that I have and it seems to work okay. It seems as if the hole isn't tapered, but the pins are. So wedging them in seems to make enough friction to keep the strings in. Maybe not the best thing for the guitar, but it's old and not expensive at all. Should be fine.. I hope
sciamwow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: