Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
afatguitarist

Is this a deal for A Reso?

Been looking for a resonator for awhile, wondering if this is a good deal or not I have never heard about it before

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sli...=item232924e371

Last edited by afatguitarist : 03-22-2013 at 09:14 PM.
afatguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

it's pretty old with cracks, poor finish and cosmetic issues. is that something you're comfortable with? it is a low price and is obviously playable. btw, slingerland has been around forever.

i was looking at one of these
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk...-neck-resonator
as i had lots of fun with them in a couple different guitar centers. actually one of the best sounding resonators to play that i've tried due to an odd acoustic thing. unlike virtually every guitar ever, this resonator sounds richer and bassier to the player than to those listening to it being played.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake
...[ ]... unlike virtually every guitar ever, this resonator sounds richer and bassier to the player than to those listening to it being played.
In this case that makes a lot of sense. High frequency sound travels in a straight line. So those in front of the guitar are, "first at the scene of the accident", so to speak. The player is behind the resonator cone, and insulated by the guitar back. When the HF sound gets to the player, it's been deadened by the room. Highs tend to mask lows, so there's some of that working out front as well.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

except that this is the only resonator of the many i've played where this is the case...
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: