Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Heliotrope
Cut away

2 progressive rock songs!

Here's two new songs that i recorded. The quality is what it is so please leave comments about the songs themselves. C4C as always!

Heliotrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
amatas83
VA shred head

second tune was better sounding as audio quality does make things a bit tough. comps sound ok thought musically from what we can tell. Are you just without a decent interface at the moment or what's holding your sound back?
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
amatas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
fdsaevad

listened to the second one.

my critique 'of the music only' is: nice guitar work etc, but without a melody to follow the chords and their embellishing gets a little tedious. needs bass.

you just going DI through a dirt pedal? there are a million free amp simulators, and cab 'impulses' (and impulse loaders) that sound way better than that.

there are also a million free software programs you can get to beef up your recording, because the recording is the representation of your song. might be the greatest song in the world, but it'll still sound like S%$# if you don't invest in learning how to make it good for the listener.

compress and maximize my friend. seriously tho, get some bass.
fdsaevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Heliotrope
Cut away

I'm not that great with recording. You know when it comes to amp simulators and software programs etc. and i'm not too good with that stuff. And some bass would be great i know.
Heliotrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
jdenmo

i really liked the intro to the 2nd one man. really trippy and a surprisingly original melody/ harmony. i liked how it echoed into the song and the drums were well done. i actually really liked the melody to that one, its really catchy and continous. keep up the good work man

c4c my progressive song! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1588042
jdenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
aaron aardvark

Heliotrope,
I like the second song better, so I'll review the second one: there are some occasional timing issues with this song. I like most of the guitar melodies & I like the cleaner guitar effects (I would use less distortion on the distorted guitar, but good you double-tracked it). Drums are OK. Lead guitar playing is good. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1586943
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
gustavoasalves

Really liked the second one, great intro and involving mood. Please take a look at my (not so prog) recording: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...43#post31059743
gustavoasalves is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: