Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #12681
TheTransient
Brendan

^ Same haha. Just hard to get a nice uninterrupted chunk to free time...

How does everyone feel about the TC Nova Delay? Looks interesting, I like the divisions button setup. Wouldn't use the presets a whole bunch, not like you could easily switch them mid-song anyways. I am kinda gassing for one.

Also gassing for a sunburst MIJ Jazzmaster with block inlays. Goddamn.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #12682
ibanezguitars44

Our bassist ha a nova delay. I like it. It's not really good for noisy stuff, but as a straight delay it's great. It's super clear. It has a knob for tape or analog sounds which gives it some tonal variety. Also, the reverse mode with a big reverb after it sounds incredible.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #12683
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
John talking about ember wreath has me all inspired. I think I'm going to do a solo release soon. I have 4ish songs ready to go. There's going to be a lot of piano. And hopefully some other cool instruments if I can get people to play them haha.

Hell yeah dude!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

post-hardcore/ambient band
ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Jazzmaster / Hellcat VI > Pedals > Sunn Model A
stradivari310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #12684
kolenik
bithcez love pedalz

After playing a baritone guitar exclusively for almost two years, I've started to miss me some "regular" guitars. This also means that I've been out of the loop regarding the quality of them, but I think I'm gonna give the VMJM a shot (tho I think there are none available in Slovenia to demo).
|
Fender Dual Showman Reverb + Marshall Super Bass '76 (stereo)
kolenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #12685
ibanezguitars44

I have one! I like it a lot.

It sounds great an has a ton of versatility. It feels good and doesn't feel super cheap.

The bridge is a little wonky. The screws rattle up and down while you play and there's some bridge buzz an if I play really hard with my fingers the strings move around in their saddles. As far as I can tell, these are all typical jazzmaster problems that have relatively easy solutions. I just haven't put forth the effort to do any of that yet haha.

Also, the guitar sounds very bright. Tooooo bright. I use the neck pickup with the tone on 4 to get it dark enough for me haha. But with that said, the tone I do get is really nice. The brighter tones are cool, just too ice picky in a band situation for me.

One las thing. The "feel" is a little off. Doing bends is easy, but it feels like I have to go really far to get a decent bend. I don't know. It's sorta odd. But I going to mess with string gauges next time I change them. I've always heard that jms need higher gauge. I'm going to try 11s next time.

But yeah, overall it's super solid for the price. Not perfect, but a good platform for tweaking and upgrading to your tastes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #12686
kolenik
bithcez love pedalz

Thanks for the insights! If I go for it, I'll definitely replace the bridge with this: http://staytrem.com/JM-Jaguar-/-Jazzmaster-bridge-1 (a variation on the Mustang bridge - fixed radius) and put 11s on it. See where I'm at with the pickups and possibly change them, although from demos they sound real good. But yeah, that's the idea. I'm also on a lookout for a MIJ Fender JM, which I can kinda afford atm. Donno even at which guitars to look at haha
|
Fender Dual Showman Reverb + Marshall Super Bass '76 (stereo)
kolenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #12687
ibanezguitars44

I want to eventually upgrade everything on it. I thought it'd be cool to upgrade every single part over the years until I have a whole new jazzmaster and thn out the squier back together and have two! Hahaha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #12688
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...

So, I was at the sold out grand rapids La Dispute, PBTT, and Mansions show on Sunday and now I can't stop listening to Mansions.
I geeked out a bit after the show with Chris and Robin and they are super nice and love gear. It was definitely a time. That band ****ing slays.
The other's were obviously awesome too, but I knew what I was getting into with them because they were already some of my favorite bands.

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
The tpr thread: an emotional roller coaster full of sex, sadness, good times, bacon, and delay. (And tremolo picking where allowed by the almighty post rock elite elders)
VishNuRoXoUt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #12689
ibanezguitars44

Awesome. I'll check them out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #12690
T7E
All smiles :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolenik
Thanks for the insights! If I go for it, I'll definitely replace the bridge with this: http://staytrem.com/JM-Jaguar-/-Jazzmaster-bridge-1 (a variation on the Mustang bridge - fixed radius) and put 11s on it. See where I'm at with the pickups and possibly change them, although from demos they sound real good. But yeah, that's the idea. I'm also on a lookout for a MIJ Fender JM, which I can kinda afford atm. Donno even at which guitars to look at haha

My friend has a sea foam green MIJ with matching headstock. The best thing I've ever seen
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #12691
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Congrats on all the new gear guys! Got home a few hours ago. Just woke up from a nap.

West and Ryan, guys, sorry I never reached out to you. The trip was a bit of a whirlwind and the girls we were with had a pretty strict itinerary that didn't leave a whole lot of room for breaking away. Sorry I never got to grab a brew with you.

That being said, I have started my vinyl collection. New addiction. frack.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #12692
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Actually, perhaps you techno mice are who I should be asking. Given that I don't give a crap about amp modeling, which would be best for me out of a HD500X, an M13 and a GT-100? I don't play your ambient post rock smeg, I'm a rocker/punk. So I will not be after atmospheric shenanigans, just good time/mod effects for pretty straight ahead old-school rock.
The USB interface on the HD500 and GT-100 would be handy but quality of effects is the prime consideration. Any of them will work ok for me functionally (ie MIDI implementation and shit).

Edit. I won't be buying it for a while so don't bother showing me any "stoopid deals of the day." I'll be able to afford any of them when the time comes (about $1k to spend) so don't worry too much about what each one costs. Just address their features and quality.
It's for live use with a Randall RM100.
Roland GP-8
Quadraverb
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A

Cathbard Amplification

Last edited by Cathbard : Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #12693
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Hey Cath. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they effects on the M13 are the same as the effects on the HD500 with the only real difference is the HD500 has amp modeling, and relatively good modeling at that. Good for DI recording. If you want sole effects, go M13, or even M9. However, I haven't played the M series. I know some of the guys in here have.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #12694
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

The M9 hasn't got all I need. For starters, no way to break into the chain for 4CM. If I go the M series path it has to be the M13.

I am reading a lot of people saying that the GT-100 has better effects but I would rather get the opinions of people I know. I know most of you guys and have a good idea who is worth listening to and who is full of shit.
I am sorta leaning towards the GT-100 because Boss shit is practically indestructible and this is for live use in punk and pub rock bands so it has to be tough. I have no idea how sturdy the Line 6 stuff is and how it would stand being pounded on by a punk.
Roland GP-8
Quadraverb
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A

Cathbard Amplification

Last edited by Cathbard : Yesterday at 09:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #12695
ibanezguitars44

A couple switches on my hd500 are getting a little finicky. But I've had it for a while.

I think the effects sound good, but like I said in the pbt, I haven't tried the gt.

Check out the switches on the gt. If they look super sturdy, get it haha. Since it seems it'll be in for a wild ride. :p

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #12696
ibanezguitars44

No worries mike. It just didn't work out for us to be in Nola either haha.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #12697
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

They look like normal Roland fare. I used my GP-8's FC100 for over 20 years before one of the switches got damaged. I'd be surprised if they are any worse on the GT-100.
I've used a lot of Roland gear in the past, (keyboards, studio gear, etc, as well as guitar stuff) so I'd probably feel at home. I'm used to Roland speak.
But I've read the Line 6 manual and that all seems pretty straightforward so that doesn't really matter to me a lot.
If the GT-100 sounded as good, that's what I'd go for I think. Roland has served me well in the past. The M13 does look cool though. The layout really appeals once I had time to think about it. I just make scenes per amp channel and set it up right.
I suppose I'm hoping for some definitive reason to go one way or the other. You know, "Line 6 wah sucks." or something.
Roland GP-8
Quadraverb
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A

Cathbard Amplification
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #12698
ibanezguitars44

All wahs suck.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #12699
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

I don't actually use wah a lot. But you know what I mean? If the is a clear winner in some effect I use a bit and everything else is equal .......... Maybe Line 6's delays are a lot better, or their compressor is shit, that sorta thing.
Roland GP-8
Quadraverb
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A

Cathbard Amplification

Rate This Thread: